+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hello all

mohajer

Mar 4, 2007
HELLO ALL,i am new member and preparing for immigraion to canada. what is ur advise ??? what first should i do before starting z process ???
i am an egyptian pharmacist working in saudi arabia.
thanks alot

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Hello Mohajer,
Starting point is www.cic.gc.ca
Calculate your points. Check out if you meet the minimum required points. If yes then please download form. pay the fees and apply to the nearest canadian mission.
Thanks
Cool

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi mohajer

There are to ways in order to apply for Canadian PR :

1- Doing it by yourself: read carefully and download all the forms provided by CIC (the link sent by our friend Softncool ) then once you had already filled up all of them send them to CIC. just follow the instructions.
2- Doing it through an Immigration agency: the lawyers will represent you over the entire process, they performs a professional verification of your documents before send them to CIC all the time, (of course it has an extra cost)

Note: using a professional service will not speed up the process, but it could prevent from delays due to wrong information or wrong documents sent, since let's say for instance, if you have sent something wrong they send the package back to you as many times as possible until they are OK with it. In case you decide using a service I would like to recommend David Cohen, he is my lawyer see WWW.canadavisa.com

In case you decide for someone else (if any) just make sure the agency is fully certified and is member of the Canadian board (it is very important) there are too many wolves(pseudo lawyers) out there trying to keep your money for nothing.

So good luck and welcome aboard
Eduardo

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
My advise to you is to begin preparing your self for the pharmacy equivalence exam. In this case you can work here after being accepted for immigration. I am Egyptian pharmacist just like you.

mohajer

Mar 4, 2007
[size=10pt][/size] Thanks alot 4 ur care especially softncool,picazo and my country son egyman .
I already passed theoretically free assessment and i am waiting till having funds required by cic .
I am as i told u living in ksa not in my home country so i wanted to have some knowlege about papers required, experience letters from employer,proof of english fluence & so on to b able 2 get them n right time without disrupting my work.
Anyway thanks again for ur warm welcoming of a new member and i ll keep benefitting 4m ur experience & ideas.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
You are very welcome my friend mohajer!!

Note: something to keep in mind, the process may take several months for you so you have time enough to gather money and other stuff

Check your probably timeline. I guess it could be over 50-60 Months

http://www.canadavisa.com/federal-skilled-worker-processing-times.html

Regards
Eduardo

mohajer

Mar 4, 2007
YES MY DEAR EDUARDU but when i logged in cic website i knew that i must state in my application form the FUNDS i have . i am afraid to state a sum i am planning to get IN NEAR FUTURE (but realy don have) and cic anytime asks me to send proof ???
from ur knowlege what u see ? is the fund proof required in z time of application or later on ? i am expecting ur advise friends.

THANKS ALL

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Hello Mohajer,
If you have sufficient funds to put up your application, then I think you should do it now. As it is going to take almost 5 years to complete the process. You will not require to show funds now. Just mention in your application how much amount you wish to take with you. Then you can keep on working to get that amount. Meanwhile your application will also be in queue.
Thanks
Cool

mohajer

Mar 4, 2007
Thanks cool, i will apply as u advised me after marriage which will be (inshaalla) next May.

I have 2 questions:1st is it better to apply for my wife n z same time? or better later on after finishing process? (notifying that she is also pharmacist )

2nd, i heard & read about simplified process & asking if it had advantages or disadvantages over normal process?

THANKS AGAIN

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
Congratulation in advance for your marriage, for the first question it is better to include your wife with you as dependent in the same application because if not you have to include her in the application and say she will not accompany you to Canada (which is not the case) as you sure need her with you here. Another solution is that you sponsor her after you complete all your process which add more processing time so it is better to have her included with you from beginning. For second question, wait other folks reply as I am provinical nominee and cannot help in this regard. You graduated from which university in Egypt ?

mohajer

Mar 4, 2007
Thanks alot egyman : 1st 4 ur kind congratulation and 2nd 4 ur advise .

I am graduated 4m alexandria university 2000. my name is mohammad khamis. and you??? i wish we could b friends or at least share experiences & ideas.

Dear friends, i am still waiting 4 answer, is simplified process better or worse or same as normal process?

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
I am agree with our friend Egiman

the better option is to include your wife within the application, let's say that you apply today, so after may you should send an update to CIC in order to include your wife on the process, or just wait until you get married and then apply for both at the same time. (I think it could be better)

if you don't apply for her now and you decide to do it after you get the PR, She will have to wait in your home country until she gets the visa (it could be months or maybe years after your landing at Canada).

now about the simplified process, I think this is the new process I guess you will be asked to fill just basic information when you apply and then CIC will start asking for more documents along the process (if I am not wrong)

I did my application on the old process, and let me tell you my friend, it was a bunch of formats and notarized documents requested at once.

Now, the faster way so far as I know is applying through PNP or getting a permanent job offer

Cheers
Eduardo

mohajer

Mar 4, 2007
Yes eduardu, u r right anyway i will apply after marriage to state my new situation and include my wife in my application .

THANKS ALL

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
Hello Mohamed, I am from Assiut Grad 1998, yes it is my pleasure to be friends. You know if you can find work in Canada now or be accepted as a student for MSC for example, then you apply for immigration from within Canada, this will make your application go v. fast. Here is link for faculties of pharmacy around the world: www.fib.org/education go to Canada and see if you can apply for a master degree. If you need any help let me know.

mohajer

Mar 4, 2007
Egyman,ur friendship is honour 4 me.

i already tried to apply 4 msc or ph.d but for sorry found annual cost 20,000 can.dollars and found no or couldn find way of funding from colleges or scholarships.
Anyway,i ll try again and again be4 applyin 4 immigration as skilled worker, who knows??

I am as i told u 4m alex got my bachelor 2000 with honour (excellence grade) working now as community pharmacist in KSA .

I wish we can know eachother more. wish you best of luck,
I am sorry if cant b online next week but lookig forward to hear 4m you later.
bye all,