+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello Again,

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Hello Again!!
Another question!
My wife and I are well underway with our application for her PR (Thanks to some great advice from this forum), judging by the time-line we are hoping to have her visa by spring. Now here is the Q, the school we are teaching at is planning a home stay in Canada in April/ May, My wife and I have both been very involved in the planning and organization of this trip. We are both planning on traveling with the group to Canada and will be there for three weeks. I am just wondering what would happen if CIC scheduled and interview for us during the time we are in Canada, or if the visa is granted near or on our departure dates?? We will be returning to Thailand after the home stay in mid May, our contracts finish May 30 and then hope to head back to Ontario!@! I have read in a few other threads similar situations but I am still unclear! We are willing to apply for a tourist visa for her (She has had many in the past) we just don’t want to create ant friction with CIC, if they setup an interview or need something and we are in Canada, would this cause a major problem?
Thanks in advance for you advice\
Sincerely
FC

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi FC

I'd advise CIC of this trip now, including information to show it's work related and that you've both been involved in the planning of it. I'd make it very clear what dates you'll be in Canada so they'll know you're unavailable during those weeks. I know CIC can be difficult to deal with sometimes but if you're giving them several months' notice they have no excuse for not getting the timing right!

And don't forget it's possible the interview will be waived but if not, they seem to give outland applicants at least a few weeks' notice to allow for travel to the visa office to be arranged.

It's getting exciting now!