+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HEEELP PR card question

pgtraveler

Apr 10, 2018
Hi Everyone.

I hope someone can help me with this.

I am flying to Jamaica from Canada tomorrow. My passport (German) is valid so no problems on the way out...the problem is my PR card is expired...I did apply for a new one and it is APPROVED as per CIC agent. I do NOT have the card in my hand though it is still being printed/shipped (and he informed me I will not get the card in time). I am only in Jamaica for a week and the travel document apparently takes 10-15 business days to get so that is out of the question.I also would rather not leave our resort due to the violence situation in Jamaica right now. the CIC agent figures they will look up the status of the new card up on the way back from Jamaica and let me board, but cant guarantee this will get me back into Canada....any help would be appreciated...

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone.

I hope someone can help me with this.

I am flying to Jamaica from Canada tomorrow. My passport (German) is valid so no problems on the way out...the problem is my PR card is expired...I did apply for a new one and it is APPROVED as per CIC agent. I do NOT have the card in my hand though it is still being printed/shipped (and he informed me I will not get the card in time). I am only in Jamaica for a week and the travel document apparently takes 10-15 business days to get so that is out of the question.I also would rather not leave our resort due to the violence situation in Jamaica right now. the CIC agent figures they will look up the status of the new card up on the way back from Jamaica and let me board, but cant guarantee this will get me back into Canada....any help would be appreciated...
You need either a valid PR card or a valid PR Travel Document to board the airplane and fly home to Canada - no exceptions. You should fully expect the airline to refuse you boarding without one or the other in hand. Your only alternative is to fly to the US on the way home and re-enter Canada by land through a US/Canada land border.

pgtraveler

Apr 10, 2018
You need either a valid PR card or a valid PR Travel Document to board the airplane and fly home to Canada - no exceptions. You should fully expect the airline to refuse you boarding without one or the other in hand. Your only alternative is to fly to the US on the way home and re-enter Canada by land through a US/Canada land border.
Even though my status on the computer now says approved as per CIC agent??

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unfortunately, it’s the airline that needs the PR card for boarding purposes. They have no access to IRCC information regarding your current PR status.

Reactions: scylla