+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hedge Fund Accounting NOC Code

swap1987

Nov 11, 2018
Hi Friends,

Can you please let me know which NOC code i can use for fund accounting?
I had some additional question below, it would be great if you can help me with them.

1) I have a MBA degree but WES did not evaluate it and I ended up having only Bachelors degree. Can I apply under 1311 instead of 1111 as NOC 1111 requires some degree or additional certificate like CA,CPA etc?

2) I am working as a senior manager in my current organization , can I not apply under 0111 instead of 1311?
I am not sure if i can use1311 as my NOC code for the job profile of fund accountant , I decided to use this because in some of the other forums the guys have used 1111 and 1311 , I am not sure if I can use 1111 as this NOC requires a certification or some degree like CA , CPA etc ... why I choose to use 1311 is because its safer for me to use this as WES did not evaluate my MBA degree and this NOC 1311 only requires a normal degree into accounting and I have a B.COM degree.

Roles I can am planning to use is below:

· Calculate and report weekly and monthly Net Asset Value of assigned funds

· Assist with financial reporting in validation of semi-annual and annual reports

· Review and check fund packages

· Perform analytical review of account balances i.e. income, expenses, realized/unrealized gains and losses

· Develop and implement standard procedures to ensure accuracy and consistency in valuation and accounting reconciliation

· Reconcile bank, broker and custody positions

· Price and reconcile market values using independent sources

· Review and approve accounting reconciliation packages to ensure reasonability of all matters affecting NAV

· Participate in fiscal year end audit process and provide information to auditors as requested

· Review corporate actions and verify fund pricing at the end of each day

· Maintain accurate and detailed accounting records for all assigned funds

· Perform and support the NAV calculations in accordance with established policies and procedures

· Prepare and analyze necessary schedules (expense analysis, portfolio cost, gain and loss)

the above roles are tentative an di am planning to include some stuff that I review instead of prepare , but I need an overall info on the NOC that I can use.

Please Help !

Hoping to get a reply on this

atifdar

Jun 25, 2018
Hi Friends,

Can you please let me know which NOC code i can use for fund accounting?
I had some additional question below, it would be great if you can help me with them.

1) I have a MBA degree but WES did not evaluate it and I ended up having only Bachelors degree. Can I apply under 1311 instead of 1111 as NOC 1111 requires some degree or additional certificate like CA,CPA etc?

2) I am working as a senior manager in my current organization , can I not apply under 0111 instead of 1311?
I am not sure if i can use1311 as my NOC code for the job profile of fund accountant , I decided to use this because in some of the other forums the guys have used 1111 and 1311 , I am not sure if I can use 1111 as this NOC requires a certification or some degree like CA , CPA etc ... why I choose to use 1311 is because its safer for me to use this as WES did not evaluate my MBA degree and this NOC 1311 only requires a normal degree into accounting and I have a B.COM degree.

Roles I can am planning to use is below:

· Calculate and report weekly and monthly Net Asset Value of assigned funds

· Assist with financial reporting in validation of semi-annual and annual reports

· Review and check fund packages

· Perform analytical review of account balances i.e. income, expenses, realized/unrealized gains and losses

· Develop and implement standard procedures to ensure accuracy and consistency in valuation and accounting reconciliation

· Reconcile bank, broker and custody positions

· Price and reconcile market values using independent sources

· Review and approve accounting reconciliation packages to ensure reasonability of all matters affecting NAV

· Participate in fiscal year end audit process and provide information to auditors as requested

· Review corporate actions and verify fund pricing at the end of each day

· Maintain accurate and detailed accounting records for all assigned funds

· Perform and support the NAV calculations in accordance with established policies and procedures

· Prepare and analyze necessary schedules (expense analysis, portfolio cost, gain and loss)

the above roles are tentative an di am planning to include some stuff that I review instead of prepare , but I need an overall info on the NOC that I can use.

Please Help !

Hoping to get a reply on this
Hello! Any update on your case?? I’m also having same issue