+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Hedge-fund accountant" NOC Code?

fundacc

Dec 18, 2014
Hi All,

I applied in Nov 2014 under NOC code 1111 for the above-mentioned job title. People in my company previously used to apply under NOC code 1311 but they are not receiving applications any more for that code. The below is what I provided as my job duties/responsibilities. I'd like your opinion if it falls under NOC Code 1111:

• Examine and analyze the accounting and financial records (i.e., Journal and General ledger entries, Bank and Broker Statements, Cost & Expense Reports, and other accounting and tax related information) of corporate hedge fund and private equity clients to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting principles of the funds (i.e., GAAP - Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and compliance with various agreements with the clients
• Examine accounting records and utilize the system to, on a regular and ad-hoc basis, extract data and prepare financial statements and reports (i.e., Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement, determination of “Net Asset Value”, Capital Allocation reports and trial balance)
• Analyze financial statements and reports to determine the monthly and annual investment returns and work with other internal departments to prepare relevant reports for our corporate clients
• Monitor and prepare price, cost and strategy analysis and provide relevant reports
• Coordinate with fund auditors for interim and year-end audits, prepare required audit-related reports and schedules, with potential involvement in the preparation of year-end financials in accordance with accounting principles of the funds (i.e., GAAP)
• Make recommendations to improve efficiency and develop internal controls for processes when appropriate
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations for hedge funds with portfolios exposed to equities, forwards, options, equity swaps and other over-the-counter instruments and control/monitor corporate clients’ collateral , margin and fee payment transactions.
• Perform quarterly, semi-annual and annual capital statement analysis of the various private placement holdings of our corporate clients and calculate the Carried Interest of all eligible partners on a deal-by-deal basis.
• Maintain contact with external investment managers, investors, banks and brokers, international clients and internally liaise with other Citco offices worldwide, to ensure that client needs are met.
• Execute the financial control elements of the job including but not limited to corporate actions, income and expenses, fees, capital transfer and performance.
• Work with all team members to improve product quality and consistency
• Lead fund migration, new fund launches and fund liquidations to successful completion.
• Provide training and ongoing support to new and existing team members (i.e., Fund Accountants and Co-op students) in their professional development.

Also, could you advise if there is a minimum wage to be recognized under this 1111 NOC Code? I am afraid that I might not make it through that as I kinda took a bit of a pay-cut to come to Canada and am afraid it may backfire. Appreciate any comments/feedback.

Thanks!

greekhero

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Sounds like NOC 1111 or 1112, Skill A are high pay job, if your income too low, it will raise concerns. Would you mind share what's your pay range?

Median pay for NOC 1111 and 1112 is close to 66~70k Per year

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fundacc said:
Hi All,

I applied in Nov 2014 under NOC code 1111 for the above-mentioned job title. People in my company previously used to apply under NOC code 1311 but they are not receiving applications any more for that code. The below is what I provided as my job duties/responsibilities. I'd like your opinion if it falls under NOC Code 1111:

• Examine and analyze the accounting and financial records (i.e., Journal and General ledger entries, Bank and Broker Statements, Cost & Expense Reports, and other accounting and tax related information) of corporate hedge fund and private equity clients to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting principles of the funds (i.e., GAAP - Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and compliance with various agreements with the clients
• Examine accounting records and utilize the system to, on a regular and ad-hoc basis, extract data and prepare financial statements and reports (i.e., Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement, determination of “Net Asset Value”, Capital Allocation reports and trial balance)
• Analyze financial statements and reports to determine the monthly and annual investment returns and work with other internal departments to prepare relevant reports for our corporate clients
• Monitor and prepare price, cost and strategy analysis and provide relevant reports
• Coordinate with fund auditors for interim and year-end audits, prepare required audit-related reports and schedules, with potential involvement in the preparation of year-end financials in accordance with accounting principles of the funds (i.e., GAAP)
• Make recommendations to improve efficiency and develop internal controls for processes when appropriate
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations for hedge funds with portfolios exposed to equities, forwards, options, equity swaps and other over-the-counter instruments and control/monitor corporate clients' collateral , margin and fee payment transactions.
• Perform quarterly, semi-annual and annual capital statement analysis of the various private placement holdings of our corporate clients and calculate the Carried Interest of all eligible partners on a deal-by-deal basis.
• Maintain contact with external investment managers, investors, banks and brokers, international clients and internally liaise with other Citco offices worldwide, to ensure that client needs are met.
• Execute the financial control elements of the job including but not limited to corporate actions, income and expenses, fees, capital transfer and performance.
• Work with all team members to improve product quality and consistency
• Lead fund migration, new fund launches and fund liquidations to successful completion.
• Provide training and ongoing support to new and existing team members (i.e., Fund Accountants and Co-op students) in their professional development.

Also, could you advise if there is a minimum wage to be recognized under this 1111 NOC Code? I am afraid that I might not make it through that as I kinda took a bit of a pay-cut to come to Canada and am afraid it may backfire. Appreciate any comments/feedback.

Thanks!
salary to check : you need fill your location and NOC

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

greekhero

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yah, basically if your second digit in NOC code is "1" then it means VO will expect you are making more than 65K per year. If your pay below the median, it will raise concerns which may require further investigation.

fundacc

Dec 18, 2014
Currently its 54K, which is 27/hour (8hrs/day and 250days/year calculation). From what I can see on the job bank Wage Report page, I fall within their range which is 16.25-30.77-59.13 for low/median/high. Talking to colleagues, I believe there is a 15K swing w.r to wages in my company for my job level (between 50-65K).

Reckon it could swing in my favor? Currently, since the time I sent out my appication and after having verified online that it has been received, I dont have any confirmation from them at all. Is this normal? Thanks for your help guys, appreciate it!

harmanator

Apr 18, 2018
Hey Guys/Fundacc,

Just checking if you have heard anything back? Can you please advice which code you ended up using?

Thanking in advance

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
Hey Guys/Fundacc,

Just checking if you have heard anything back? Can you please advice which code you ended up using?

Thanking in advance
Yes guys please reply, I am a fund accountant at BNP Paribas, could you please confirm the NOC Code

kirtiwld

Oct 7, 2018
I am also working in hedge fund accounting and I have used NOC 1111. More so as I m qualifies CA. Thanks!

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Yes guys please reply, I am a fund accountant at BNP Paribas, could you please confirm the NOC Code
Hi, has BNP Paribas agreed to give you a roles and responsibilities reference letter? I'm an ex employee of BNP Paribas India Solutions and their HR has denied this letter. HR stated that they don't provide any such letter. Did they provide you? Do they usually provide? Please help!

kirtiwld

Oct 7, 2018
No most of the companies do not issue reference letter. You can get a letter from any colleague or manager stating your role which would be issued in his/her personal capacity. I am doing the same. Hope this helps!

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
No most of the companies do not issue reference letter. You can get a letter from any colleague or manager stating your role which would be issued in his/her personal capacity. I am doing the same. Hope this helps!
Ok, but is it ok if the colleague or manager is no longer with that company for which the letter is being provided? I read some posts which state that business cards and contact details are required. This is not possible in my case since my ex-colleagues and managers have long left the organisation. They may provide a letter but what makes this letter genuine is my question? How can the immigration authorities verify? Any idea?

kirtiwld

Oct 7, 2018
Yes it would not matter if the person who would be issuing you reference letter is no more in the same organisation. So you will need to get your letters notarised.