+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearings 2022

SElbash

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Hello everyone,

please share your experience with virtual short hearing, anything I should know, be aware of? My hearing is next week! Wish me luck!

Thank you and good luck to all of you.

Reactions: Tufan Alp

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Good Luck just keeps in mind stay calm and stay positive and make sure you and the lawyer are in a separate room or if else together so just let the member know that you are together.. and try to give short answers unless asked in detail..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

please share your experience with virtual short hearing, anything I should know, be aware of? My hearing is next week! Wish me luck!

Thank you and good luck to all of you.
Review all your statements and know all the details.

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
If I change my address one province to other province So it will affect my hearing date or not which is coming after two months? Any body know?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If I change my address one province to other province So it will affect my hearing date or not which is coming after two months? Any body know?
If it is virtual it can be done anywhere although a legal aid lawyer is not going to go to another province. If it is your private lawyer you can pay them to fly to another province but that will be very expensive.. What were the instructions stated on the hearing date? No matter what you must update your address and advise both your lawyer and IRB that you have moved.

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
If it is virtual it can be done anywhere although a legal aid lawyer is not going to go to another province. If it is your private lawyer you can pay them to fly to another province but that will be very expensive.. What were the instructions stated on the hearing date? No matter what you must update your address and advise both your lawyer and IRB that you have moved.
How long does it take for an address to change?The change of address will shift my file from Toronto to Alberta. Bcoz I submitted my case in toronto now i moved to Alberta

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long does it take for an address to change?The change of address will shift my file from Toronto to Alberta. Bcoz I submitted my case in toronto now i moved to Alberta
Change of address is immediate. Are you using legal aid or private lawyer? What does the letter about your hearing say. It should give a location for the hearing even if it is virtual.

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
I have Private lawyer in Toronto. I didn't get any aid till now. Its necessary I have to travel toronto for hearing? A lawyer must be present at the hearing? Can this happen my lawyer online from toronto and I online from Alberta like this it can happen like this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have Private lawyer in Toronto. I didn't get any aid till now. Its necessary I have to travel toronto for hearing? A lawyer must be present at the hearing? Can this happen my lawyer online from toronto and I online from Alberta like this it can happen like this?
You really want your lawyer to be present at your hearing. You’ll need to talk to your lawyer about what is possible and what is recommended. It would be best if you were in a room together. What location is specified in the hearing letter? It may not be possible to change that to Alberta. In general virtual hearings mean that the member is in a different place but the refugee claimant and their lawyer attend the hearing in the normal location. It is a way to speed up the backlogs by using members in other provinces to hear cases in places like Toronto and Montreal.

SElbash

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
I got a positive decision. Hearing was 2 hours including 2 breaks. Questions were straight forward. Judge asked a lot of questions. At the end of the session she informed me about the decision.

I applied August 2020.

Thank you everyone for your support, help and advices.

Reactions: zak86

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
I got a positive decision. Hearing was 2 hours including 2 breaks. Questions were straight forward. Judge asked a lot of questions. At the end of the session she informed me about the decision.

I applied August 2020.

Congratulations brother
Please share your time line.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019

I applied August 2020.

Congratulations and Good Luck

Jaysonjide

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
I’m

I applied August 2020.

congrats . I did mine 12days ago, the hearing lasted for 3hours and 3 breaks in between. It was a very interrogating and tensed hearing. At the end the Member said he wasnt gonna give the decision now that he would send it through the mail and my lawyer would get it first and let me know.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
If it is virtual hearing, lawyer can join from anywhere. Doesnt need to be in the same room with you.