+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing with Judge

mr_saviour

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Hi All, I wanted to get your advice on what should I take care of while having hearing with Judge. Finally after going through test, RQ, finger prints, etc. this only thing was left, when I am asked to appear before the CJ.

Should I talk to a Lawyer or take one with me? I am a bit scared.

Any feedback or advise would be appreciated.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mr_saviour said:
Hi All, I wanted to get your advice on what should I take care of while having hearing with Judge. Finally after going through test, RQ, finger prints, etc. this only thing was left, when I am asked to appear before the CJ.

We really can't say much of anything unless there is a reason to see a CJ. Are you short on 1095 day requirement? Did you fail the written test?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would help to know why you have been called to a hearing before a judge.

Is this an appeal?

Too many variables & not enough info.

*In general* my personal opinion is that if I were called to appear before a judge, I'd seek advice from a lawyer.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Hi,
I am in a similar situation and had consulted 2 lawyers, they are not allowed to accompany you during the hearing and would only make some letter to present to the judge. Just beware that one of the lawyers I contacted in downtown Toronto was demanding 2k to write letters and suggest documents and another 2k to accompany you. Later I met another lawyer who narrated real situation that they are not even allowed to attend the hearing.
By the way mine hearing is due to less than 1095 number of days.
Was curious to know if you can share.
1. How much time it took for you from test to CJ hearing?
2. Also which office? I have just passed the test in Aug and waiting for CJ hearing.

BTW my fingerprints 2 time since the first expired, never heard and waiting almost 2 and half years from application time

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exports said:
Hi,
I am in a similar situation and had consulted 2 lawyers, they are not allowed to accompany you during the hearing and would only make some letter to present to the judge. Just beware that one of the lawyers I contacted in downtown Toronto was demanding 2k to write letters and suggest documents and another 2k to accompany you. Later I met another lawyer who narrated real situation that they are not even allowed to attend the hearing.
2. Also which office? I have just passed the test in Aug and waiting for CJ hearing.

BTW my fingerprints 2 time since the first expired, never heard and waiting almost 2 and half years from application time

The OP has not provided enough information to determine whether or not you are in a "similar" situation.

Regarding legal representation, have you/your lawyers checked this?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/commission/roles.asp
Before making a decision, a judge may hold an oral hearing in which he or she meets with the applicant to obtain more information and assess whether the applicant meets the residence requirement for citizenship. Depending on the nature of the hearing and at the request of the applicant, they may be accompanied by an interpreter or legal counsel.
(My emphasis).

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_saviour said:

This thread detailing aspects of a Citizenship Judge hearing is a good start. You can use the search function on the forum to find multiple threads on the same subject.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exports said:
Hi,

Hi Exports, I wonder if you have sent a letter to CIC requesting file splitting and how far did it go. Thanks.

mr_saviour

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
I am not sure, why I am being called for CJ hearing. I passed my test in 2012 and submitted RQ. I was away from Canada after submitting RQ for almost 3 years due to my personal family reasons. Yes my wife did fail the test in 2012 but passed it in April 2015 once called for retest.

We are called in Mississauga office for hearing.

Can anyone guide?

Hi Exports: Could you please share with me the details of the lawyer, you are comfortable with. Would appreciate your help.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_saviour said:
I am not sure, why I am being called for CJ hearing. I passed my test in 2012 and submitted RQ. I was away from Canada after submitting RQ for almost 3 years due to my personal family reasons. Yes my wife did fail the test in 2012 but passed it in April 2015 once called for retest.

Can anyone guide?

Hi Exports: Could you please share with me the details of the lawyer, you are comfortable with. Would appreciate your help.
Typically for those applying under the previous Citizenship Act you are referred to the CJ either (i) if you apply with less than 1095 days of Actual Physical Presence (APP) or (ii) you apply declaring 1095 days APP but CIC doubt you. How many days did you apply with? Are you using any non PR days to get to the 1095 days? Search the forum for 'ATIP' requests - this process allows you to obtain GCMS notes which are an electronic record/summary of CIC case notes/file stage updates on your application which may reveal why you've been RQd. Did you have periods of self employment with travel? Any US cross border trips? Any US status - GC/ H1/L1 etc? How did you acquire PR - Skilled worker, Investor etc?

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
exports i tried sending you a personal msg it says your inbox is FULL

Anyway, with how many days did you apply?

when did you find out you had to attend a hearing with the judge? was it after all the steps you've gone through by mail? or was it during interview after the test?

i also have less than 1095 days..but so far my status is decision made..im waiting whats next….

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_saviour said:

Can anyone guide?

This would lead me to believe that CIC questions your residency. I'll reiterate previous advice to consult a lawyer.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Hi amazing21,

thanks for your message. you can inbox me now.
After passing the test and during the interview the CO said that it will go for CJ hearing as it is less than 1095 days.
Mine is showing as in process and my wife's as decision made. Also the CO said that since it is a family application, she will have to wait.
So did you attend the CJ hearing?

regards,

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exports, please have a look on the last post from ayncdn here - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immigration-judge-t314804.30.html
it can be done.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exports said:
Hi amazing21,

thanks for your message. you can inbox me now.
After passing the test and during the interview the CO said that it will go for CJ hearing as it is less than 1095 days.
Mine is showing as in process and my wife's as decision made. Also the CO said that since it is a family application, she will have to wait.
So did you attend the CJ hearing?

regards,
I don't think he had CJ hearing, he haven't mentioned that before....