+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing postponed for administrative reasons.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My hearing date was September 21, 2023
But was postponed a day before the hearing for administrative reasons.
IRB promised to get back to me with a rescheduled date and time.

Can anyone help me understand
Could be for a variety of reasons some related to your case and other unrelated to your case. You should get a rescheduled time soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My timeline refugee case since 2020 less complex claim 2021 didnt receive any answer than first hearing 14 june postponed till 3 october 2023 than postponed till 14 december 2023 is it normal what happening with me
This is highly unusual for a variety of reasons. If your case was actually being considered as less complex without any other problems then you would have received a hearing and approval/refusal by now. There is clearly something else going on related to your case. Were there reasons indicated for why the hearing were postponed? Does your lawyer have any ideas what the issue may be? Would consider ordering GCMS notes but that won’t provide a ton of information but would potentially eliminate certain problems like problems with security screenings. Looking back on your previous posts it was changed from less complex to normal processing.

Most asylum claims from Lebanon are truly economic immigration issues not true asylum cases. Is your husband’s life at risk? Is he being persecuted or is he seeking a better life for his family given the economic collapse in Lebanon? Is he associated with Hezbollah or could there be concerns that he is associated with Hezbollah? That could certainly delay an application.

Last edited:

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
My hearing was stated for September 21, 2023
and postponed a day to my hearing September 20, 2023 for Administrative reasons without a new date.
The IRB said they will reschedule and get back to me with the date and time.
Can anyone pls help understand
did you get a new date ?

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
No not yet, and I am beginning to worry.
Secondly I don’t have any contact number to call and follow up.
I live in Ontario so I will appreciate if anyone can help me with IRB contact
do you have any lawyer ?
check with your lawyer he might have some inside information.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wouldn’t worry too much but after a month a follow-up call is very reasonable. Have you contacted your lawyer? Their availability may also be potentially impacting scheduling.

cdavies0316

Sep 29, 2023
Wouldn’t worry too much but after a month a follow-up call is very reasonable. Have you contacted your lawyer? Their availability may also be potentially impacting scheduling.
we have a lawyer and the postponement letter was sent to her and we were copy as well.
Usually our lawyer will wait until the Board gets in contact with her.
but my husband and I are exploring other opportunities for rescheduling because same has happened to people and they call the board and they were rescheduled.
But unfortunately we don’t have any contact number for the board.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
we have a lawyer and the postponement letter was sent to her and we were copy as well.
Usually our lawyer will wait until the Board gets in contact with her.
but my husband and I are exploring other opportunities for rescheduling because same has happened to people and they call the board and they were rescheduled.
But unfortunately we don’t have any contact number for the board.
Rescheduling will also be dependent on your lawyer’s availability so it would be best for the lawyer to call and reschedule.

cdavies0316

Sep 29, 2023
Rescheduling will also be dependent on your lawyer’s availability so it would be best for the lawyer to call and reschedule.
We usually called her to follow up but she will say she hasn’t received any call from the Board yet.

None2021

Oct 23, 2023
Hi, my hearing supposed to be today but they cancelled it due to "administration issue “. The lawyer said the date will be approx. in April. the refugee bord has no dates before. How that ? It was a shock. And really I can't believe this