+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing cancelled because the security screening

Nohaabdullah

Jun 8, 2017
Hi every one we will talk about the timeline of rescheduled the hearing because they didn't got confirmation from CBSA for security screaming please every one has the same case join us

My hearing in montreal was on 31.may 2017they cancel it till max 5th. October 2017
Or it can be before if they got the conformation from CBSA

No update..

Sally8376

Jun 20, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I was scheduled for the first week of June, but it was postponed. The worse point rather than being postponed is not having an other (exact) scheluled date.

In my letter it says;
- For administrative reasons, your hearing is postponed to an undetermined date
- We assure you to reschedule your hearing as soon as possible

And, I learned from my lawyer that the main reason is "my security check is not in yet".

I have some questions to all, please;
1. Is there anyone in the same position?
2. Do you have any idea about the possible reschedule date? What do they mean by saying "as soon as possible" regarding rescheduling?
3. In Nohaabdullah's post, he says he had an rescheduled date on Oct 5th 2017, which is not bad. Isn't it weird that it is not written such a new date, instead "as soon as possible?

Regards,

Sally

Inland Refugee

Jun 18, 2017
My first hearing was scheduled on December 5th 2016 and then postponed to May 8th 2017 ( 5 months of barely sleeping lol ) but Oh god that was over and I got accepted.

Reactions: imissmylove

Kindauae

May 10, 2017
Hi congratulations first of all
Second please could you tell me what is the reason for postponed? is it no member available or security check ? and when they informed you the next hearing ?

My first hearing was scheduled on December 5th 2016 and then postponed to May 8th 2017 ( 5 months of barely sleeping lol ) but Oh god that was over and I got accepted.[/QUOTE
My first hearing was scheduled on December 5th 2016 and then postponed to May 8th 2017 ( 5 months of barely sleeping lol ) but Oh god that was over and I got accepted.

Inland Refugee

Jun 18, 2017
Hi congratulations first of all
Second please could you tell me what is the reason for postponed? is it no member available or security check ? and when they informed you the next hearing ?
Thank you and it was because CBSA screening was not completed. They contacted my lawyer on early April.

Reactions: Kindauae

Zaloot

Jul 12, 2017
The same what I got today .... and I didn't got any new date, but I think it will be 6 months by default

adam.ref

Jul 13, 2017
HI
Sorry to hear that your hearing was cancelled .
my hearing was canceled as well it was spouse to be on the 18-06-2017 and was sent a letter saying we will reschedule your hear once we receive your security clearance , after two weeks my lawyer called and told me they received my security clearance , and my hearing is schedule at the end of August 2017 .

good luck with your new date and i hope they accept me .

Khder

Jul 1, 2017
Hello my name is khder am from Syria I received call from Canada they ask me every thing about me is their any hope to come to Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have said you are interested in resettlement via unhcr they may have contacted you. Unfortunately only unhcr will know if and where you have been considered for resettlement. Canada decided to host around 40,000 Syrian refugees within a very quick timeline. This is very abnormal. Unfortunately it could be quite a while if you are waiting for resettlement through unhcr if you have qualified.