+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health question ..

karthik.13

Sep 20, 2019
In the work permit application there is one question about Tuberculosis of the lungs.. but in my case I have Tuberculosis at lymph nodes currently.. i need to select NO for in this case is that correct?? Can anyone clairfy on this I'm feeling confused while filling application

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In the work permit application there is one question about Tuberculosis of the lungs.. but in my case I have Tuberculosis at lymph nodes currently.. i need to select NO for in this case is that correct?? Can anyone clairfy on this I'm feeling confused while filling application
You should answer yes. This effectively means you have TB that has spread to your lymph nodes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should answer yes. This effectively means you have TB that has spread to your lymph nodes.
No you don’t need to have TB in the lungs first. It can show up in the lymph nodes first. Even if you say no to TB of the lungs you need to state somewhere that you have TB of the lymph nodes. Expect to have to do treatment before entering Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm currently in Canada and done with masters and about apply for my work permit
You have had TB this whole time and did not declare it????? This wouls have come up in your study permit application and medical. You could also be damaging your longterm health.

karthik.13

Sep 20, 2019
No I was told few days back only .. I went to my university doctor here in canada because got some small lump, they did chest x ray to look my lungs and lungs are clear and later they did biopsy for more clarification to check what's going on and they told latent TB in lymph nodes nothing to worry just take medication for 5 months. This is the whole thing and I saw question in the PGWP application... so feeling doubt what to do??? some saying question is for TB lungs dont worry but I wanted clarity from you guys...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I was told few days back only .. I went to my university doctor here in canada because got some small lump, they did chest x ray to look my lungs and lungs are clear and later they did biopsy for more clarification to check what's going on and they told latent TB in lymph nodes nothing to worry just take medication for 5 months. This is the whole thing and I saw question in the PGWP application... so feeling doubt what to do??? some saying question is for TB lungs dont worry but I wanted clarity from you guys...
You will have to see what CIC asks you to do. In general people are usually asked to return home to receive treatment and then can return and once they have finished treatment. If you graduated this summer how did you have access to the physician at the university or the medical system?

karthik.13

Sep 20, 2019
Yes I have insurance till December nothing wrong in it...my query is not about insurance it is on helath question you are deviating the main point...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You still need to declare your TB status. You can say no to this exact question but must attach another document saying that you do have TB in your lymph nodes. Would imagine the doctor would have reported you to public health. At least they should have but the system doesn’t always work.

abseven

Oct 2, 2021
Hello can you please check your messages! Will of immense help!