+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health profession in Nova Soctia and IELTS

hum_men

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Are there any health profession job in nova scotia which doesn't required highest band in IELTS... my friend got 6 band overall. He cannot meet the nova scotia IELTS requirement for nursing liscense CRNE exam.

Can someone advise us any options which he can approach. by profession he did BSCN Nursing program.

Please reply, Thanks

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
hum_men said:
Hi,

Are there any health profession job in nova scotia which doesn't required highest band in IELTS... my friend got 6 band overall. He cannot meet the nova scotia IELTS requirement for nursing liscense CRNE exam.

Can someone advise us any options which he can approach. by profession he did BSCN Nursing program.

Please reply, Thanks
Hi,
Im from Nova Scotia and had my BSN degree in the Philippines. Unfortunately, they changed the rules for LPN and RN. The minimum score for RN is 7 band score and 7.5 for listening. As for LPN it's quite higher they need 7.5 to 8 ( I don't know the reason behind this)

He can work as Continuing care Assistant or Personal Care Worker and he has to take the IELTS Exam again or CELBAN...

In order for him to be qualify...

hum_men

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Do you know how much he require now if he go for that above profession ?

hum_men

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Any more profession jobs he can apply ? i Know they increased requirement which is very difficult for him.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
hum_men said:
Hi,

Do you know how much he require now if he go for that above profession ?
The first thing that he has to do is pass the English Requirements (IELTS) and garnered atleast 7 in all categories with 7.5 in Listening (they're very strict) and same as LPN...
It doesn't costs a lot for the english exams around 300$ I think right now.

After that if he pass the Exam, he has to do the Assessment in CRNNS and pay for it it costs around 1500$ and take it from there. He can work as CCA or PCW while working on his RN or LPN. There are many job opportunities for CCA in Shannex and Northwood is he holds a PR or Open Permit.

hum_men

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
The first thing that he has to do is pass the English Requirements (IELTS) and garnered atleast 7 in all categories with 7.5 in Listening (they're very strict) and same as LPN...
It doesn't costs a lot for the english exams around 300$ I think right now.

After that if he pass the Exam, he has to do the Assessment in CRNNS and pay for it it costs around 1500$ and take it from there. He can work as CCA or PCW while working on his RN or LPN. There are many job opportunities for CCA in Shannex and Northwood is he holds a PR or Open Permit.
He hold a Open work permit ............can you give me STEP by STEP the process that you discussed here. like first he want to pass IETLS then goto IEN or CRNNE ? .....in Nova Scotia,Halifax

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
hum_men said:
He hold a Open work permit ............can you give me STEP by STEP the process that you discussed here. like first he want to pass IETLS then goto IEN or CRNNE ? .....in Nova Scotia,Halifax
Yes, he needs to go to the CRNNS in Nova Scotia...http://www.crnns.ca/ go to that site...and submit all the paper works and passed the English Requirements.

Take it from there...Goodluck to your friend! Its gonna be a long process but it's all worth it in the end!