+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HEALTH: NEW COMERS NEED ADVICE

fresher

Mar 20, 2010
HELLO
EVERYBODY
WE HAVE APPLIED FOR QUEBEC ,WE HAVE TO LAND,
MY WIFE IS PREGNANT ,AND EXPECTING IN DECEMBER ,
WHAT SHOULD I DO SHOULD I LAND IN QUEBEC OR SHOULD I LAND IN WHICH OTHER PROVINCE SO THAT FROM FIRST DAY HEALTH COVERED .BY THE WAY WHICH PROVINCES COVERS HEALTH FROM FIRST DAY

AND SUPPOSE IF I WILL NOT LAND IN QUEBEC AND LAND IN OTHER PROVINCE FOR HEALTH COVER PURPOSE AND AFTER THAT CAN I GO TO QUEBEC BACK.OR SHOULD I STAY IN THAT PROVINCE FOR CITIZENSHIP AS THEY COUNT DAYS FROM LANDING

THANK YOU

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If you move to Canada now, you could move to a province where the coverage under health care starts immediately. BC, ON, NB and QC will make you do a 3 month waiting time although I think QC makes exceptions for pregnant women. Other provinces as far as I know will give you immediate health care if you are moving from another country. Pick your province, then check with the health care there before you make your move to make sure.
Other provinces/territories are: Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, New Foundland, PEI, Yukon,
Nunavut, NWT

thezieglers

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can land wherever you want, but remember you may have probably signed the Schedule 5 form where you say you will make your best to reside in QC. It's not a problem, but just take it into account...

You should check the Provinces and territories Health Sites and see if any of them cover you from day 1. Most of them have a 3 months waiting period and during that you must use a private insurance. So you better buy an insurance that covers the delivery, because ti could get very expensive to pay it here.

If you choose some other province, you can always go back to Quebec. Your CSQ is good for 5 years, as far as I know.

Best of lucks...

jackendonald

Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have enough signed 5-form, which you say you will do best to stay QC.So is better to buy an insurance policy covering the provision, since it can be very expensive to pay here. Keep track of the state is the first day.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wife being pregnant is not a problem in Quebec because they make exceptions on the health care waiting time for pregnancy and childbirth. You just need emergency insurance for your family in case of accidents or sudden illness. It should not be very expensive.