+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

health issue

zbinec166

Nov 8, 2009
Hi everyone!

Hope you all are doing fine

I am a canadian citizzen and want to sponsor my wife to Canada, but she has not one kidney ( the other one is healthy) , would there be a problem for her to get a visa ( permanent residence) to come and live with me.

I will appreciate if there is any advice or sugestion

hopefull

Nov 21, 2009
hi there im applying for canada as a skilled worker im a nurse i just passed all my requirements and the next step would be the medical. i was diagnosed with a lung problem last june 2009 and my treatment would end this december 2009 would this affect the approval of both mine and my husband's visa?

any reply or suggstion would be very helpful...thank u

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
it depends on what type of infection you have. if nothing serious you will be just fine.

karen252010

Feb 16, 2010
HI! WILL THERE BE PROBLEMS OR CHANCE OF DENYING MY APPLICATION FOR MPNP OR FSW IF I HAVE A FAMILY HISTORY OF DIABETES AND MY MOTHER IS HAVING DIALYSIS AND MAYBE KIDNEY TRANSPLANT(MY MOTHER WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANYING ME).
AND IF I ONLY HAVE ONE KIDNEY LEFT BEFORE THE MEDICAL EXAM? AND ALSO I DON'T HAVE THYROID GLAND BECAUSE IT WAS SURGICALLY REMOVED BECAUSE OF TOXIC GOITER LAST YEAR. BUT I DON'T HAVE DIABETES OR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE.

THANK YOU!

hailiedarin

Oct 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was asked about this for my friend who is working in Visa department, he told that you must have to take help from visa departments, there you give profs etc. It is very long process. But not hard, I hope she get permanent residence visa soon.

oks905

Feb 16, 2011
Please help me to find the right way to sponser my parents. My mother 69 and my father 72. Two years ago my father had a stroke (he never will walk again) and my mother she is to old to lift him up. For this reason, my father can not take medical exam (he can not walk). In this case,what they can/have do? I really would like to bring them to Canada and help them.
My family came from Ukraine to Canada almost 11 years ago. PLEASE HELP ME. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oks905 said:
Please help me to find the right way to sponser my parents. My mother 69 and my father 72. Two years ago my father had a stroke (he never will walk again) and my mother she is to old to lift him up. For this reason, my father can not take medical exam (he can not walk). In this case,what they can/have do? I really would like to bring them to Canada and help them.
My family came from Ukraine to Canada almost 11 years ago. PLEASE HELP ME. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
It does not sound promising for you. If they are considered excessive demand, they will not be allowed to immigrate. You can go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx to find a designated medical practitioner. Make an appointment yourself and discuss with him the odds of your parents being accepted before you decide if it is worth it to apply.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Leon said:
It does not sound promising for you. If they are considered excessive demand, they will not be allowed to immigrate. You can go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx to find a designated medical practitioner. Make an appointment yourself and discuss with him the odds of your parents being accepted before you decide if it is worth it to apply.
Here is on case where having a private health-care system in parallel with the public one would help these people. Because Canada insists on one universal health-care system, taxpayers must pay for all possibly-expensive health procedures, and therefore Canada might well have to deny the parents passage to Canada. If the parents were able to pay for their own health procedures, in a private system, Canada could let them in without fear of "excessive demand" on the public system.

The main argument against allowing a private system is that doctors would migrate to the higher-paying private system, and leave the public system wanting. But this is easily countered by requiring doctors to work a minimum percentage of time for the public system.

The currently-long waits for public-hospital beds could be reduced if private clinics were allowed to exist.

Yes, it's true that only the rich could afford private health care, but we don't deny the rich the right to buy Mercedes cars, so why begrudge them the right to buy private health care? We commoners would benefit by having better access to the public system (e.g. we could now get hospital beds no longer occupied by rich patients), and (again), immigrants with health problems that would normally bar them from Canada could use the private system and avoid the bar.

It would be a win-win option.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can explain the idea behind this. When you have a public health care system, one of the reasons is because you don't want a person with a broken leg laying in the street because they do not have insurance or somebody going bankrupt because they had an accident. If somebody is allowed to sponsor an excessive demand person to Canada under the condition that they will never be insured by the public system, at some point they may not be able to afford private insurance and then it would happen that you will have people going without medical care because they have no insurance. Being Canadians and bleeding hearts, we wouldn't like that so we would let them enter the public system and then there wouldn't be much point in the excessive demand clause.

However, it has happened that people with disabled children have been allowed to immigrate by setting up a fund for the needs of the child to show that they will not have to take money from public health. However, I have no idea if these children are then denied a health card forever or what actually happens once they are in Canada.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Leon said:
I can explain the idea behind this. When you have a public health care system, one of the reasons is because you don't want a person with a broken leg laying in the street because they do not have insurance or somebody going bankrupt because they had an accident. If somebody is allowed to sponsor an excessive demand person to Canada under the condition that they will never be insured by the public system, at some point they may not be able to afford private insurance and then it would happen that you will have people going without medical care because they have no insurance. Being Canadians and bleeding hearts, we wouldn't like that so we would let them enter the public system and then there wouldn't be much point in the excessive demand clause.

However, it has happened that people with disabled children have been allowed to immigrate by setting up a fund for the needs of the child to show that they will not have to take money from public health. However, I have no idea if these children are then denied a health card forever or what actually happens once they are in Canada.
Yes, it's the bleeding hearts who ruin it for everyone else! :)