+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health insurance suggestion after applying for Inland Spousal Sponsorship?

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
When I just arrived Canada I had a 1 year long commercial health insurance for travelers. But the insurance has ended. And my stay in Canada is over the 6 months too. So I’m not sure what kind of insurance I can apply now. Also, do they need to exam the validation of my stay status when I am using it? Or do any of you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!

My husband and I are not able to afford to go to hospital without insurance in Canada and it’s really a huge problem to me now...

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Hi!
I was in that exact situation. I hire Blue Cross services, you can hire them with tourist or temporary resident status with your OWP, they have different coverage plans and the services are very fast.
They only have a questionnaire where you say your status, you do not have to send documents, but the policy is invalidated if they discover in any way that you lied about your status.

In my case, I renewed it several times a month until I had the provincial coverage.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When I just arrived Canada I had a 1 year long commercial health insurance for travelers. But the insurance has ended. And my stay in Canada is over the 6 months too. So I’m not sure what kind of insurance I can apply now. Also, do they need to exam the validation of my stay status when I am using it? Or do any of you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!

My husband and I are not able to afford to go to hospital without insurance in Canada and it’s really a huge problem to me now...
Assume you aren't pregnant. No new policies will cover pregnancies except perhaps emergencies in the first or early 2nd trimester but that will depend on the policy.

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
What Province are you living in? In BC you can apply for MSP (government coverage) after submitting your PR application.

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
Hi!
I was in that exact situation. I hire Blue Cross services, you can hire them with tourist or temporary resident status with your OWP, they have different coverage plans and the services are very fast.
They only have a questionnaire where you say your status, you do not have to send documents, but the policy is invalidated if they discover in any way that you lied about your status.

In my case, I renewed it several times a month until I had the provincial coverage.
Thanks! I was thinking of getting a visitor insurance but not sure if it will be eligible. Now I'm assured!

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
Assume you aren't pregnant. No new policies will cover pregnancies except perhaps emergencies in the first or early 2nd trimester but that will depend on the policy.
Not pregnant , just a bit anxious about health problems :)

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
What Province are you living in? In BC you can apply for MSP (government coverage) after submitting your PR application.
I live in Quebec, so I have to at least got a OWP then got a stable job contract to get the government insurance. I wish they will cover those who's under the same situation like Alberta and BC in the future though!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not pregnant , just a bit anxious about health problems :)
If you have preexisting medical problems any emergencies related to preexisting health issues may not be covered. Routine care is out of pocket. Would read your policy carefully.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I live in Quebec, so I have to at least got a OWP then got a stable job contract to get the government insurance. I wish they will cover those who's under the same situation like Alberta and BC in the future though!
Unlikely. Ontario and Quebec have very high levels of immigration and offer access to healthcare if you are working while waiting for sponsorship.