+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Insurance- Parents Visitor visa

ajaf

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi experts,

I urgently need some help..

Can someone please guide me whats the best health insurance for parents visit visa? the one that provides extensive coverage..

I want to invite my parents who are in early 60s so want to make sure I have full health insurance for them incase we need to go to a Doctor even for as small as seasonal flu. Preferably that do direct billing for both the walk ins and hospitals.

Really appreciate if someone with experience can guide

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi experts,

I urgently need some help..

Can someone please guide me whats the best health insurance for parents visit visa? the one that provides extensive coverage..

I want to invite my parents who are in early 60s so want to make sure I have full health insurance for them incase we need to go to a Doctor even for as small as seasonal flu. Preferably that do direct billing for both the walk ins and hospitals.

Really appreciate if someone with experience can guide

Thanks
Travel insurance doesn't cover regular doctor visits.

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi,

As mentioned by canuck_in_uk regular visits are not covered by the medical insurance policies however if you are looking for emergency coverage then I recently bought Insurance for my parents for their super visa app from 21st Century, the best part of this company is you can pay the premium on a monthly basis. Initially the policy confirmation will be shared with you to attach with your application once two months' premium is paid in advance. Residual is paid on a monthly basis post visa approval and dates of travel are shared with insurance company. God forbid in case of rejection, entire amount is refundable except the processing fee which is $50 only.

Hope this helps.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
You can look into Manulife, which has direct billing with many hospitals. But it will be $100-200 more.