+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Insurance for the first three months in Canada for new immigrants

Ammu_Jino

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Hi All,

My husband and I are moving to Ontario as new immigrants this month (March 2020). We would like to take health insurance for the first 3 months until we get OHIP . Can somebody let me know the good insurer companies there and the procedure involved? Please advise.

Best Regards,
Remya

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Hi All,

My husband and I are moving to Ontario as new immigrants this month (March 2020). We would like to take health insurance for the first 3 months until we get OHIP . Can somebody let me know the good insurer companies there and the procedure involved? Please advise.

Best Regards,
Remya
You can buy travel insurance as a visitor to Canada. Manulife, sunlife there are plenty around.

Ammu_Jino

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Hi All,

Based on the current health crisis caused because of COVID 19 all across the globe, I have delayed my first time landing to Canada by a month. Other than taking a travel insurance, i would like to opt for a health insurance to protect me during the first 3 months in canada. I understand that many travel insurance has a coverage of health, but having said that, i was concerned because of the current health crisis and hence would prefer to take a proper health insurance itself. Based on your experience or knowledge, can somebody suggest the best providers in canada?

ChocoHagela

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
I think you may be in luck, from what i read ontario has removed the 3 month waiting period for the health card in light of Covid-19

Ammu_Jino

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Reactions: nhincompoop