+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

health insurance during pandemic time

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't get provincial health insurance in BC. But can get private (travel/visitor) insurance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What is your status in Canada now? Do you have some kind of VISA?
In some provinces you can get a health card if you have a valid study or work permit.
For example in B.C. you might be eligible. You should contact Health Insurance BC. Lower Mainland: 604 683-7151 Elsewhere in B.C.: 1 800 663-7100

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/are-you-eligible#others
OPs status is PR with an expired PR card.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
can i get health insurance on expired PR card?
Dail HIBC :

Troll-free: 1 800 663-7100
Lower Mainland: 604 683-7151

They are really really helpful and will tell you all you need to know.

If it helps, I was advised about getting a temporary coverage by sending them the right documents. This way, me waifu had coverage till she got her WP re-newed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dail HIBC :

Troll-free: 1 800 663-7100
Lower Mainland: 604 683-7151

They are really really helpful and will tell you all you need to know.

If it helps, I was advised about getting a temporary coverage by sending them the right documents. This way, me waifu had coverage till she got her WP re-newed.
Not sure why people are assuming OP is in BC.

SaraJennifer

Dec 22, 2020
My wellbeing card terminated last walk. I didnt get a notification or anything via the post office to tell me that it was lapsing. I as of late saw that it was terminated. I havent had the opportunity to go into canada administration to reestablish it the previous few weeks since I have been so occupied with work and dealing with my mother. I have some available energy one week from now so Im pondering going into canada administration at that point to reestablish it. Nonetheless, my drivers permit is additionally going to lapse on walk seventeenth. I know im cutting it very close, yet im truly on edge that assistance canada wont accept my permit as distinguishing proof. Im not certain what else I can utilize. I checked the ontario administration site and I need 3 unique records, one from each rundown on the Ontario Health Insurance Plan. Im considering getting my identification and a t4 slip however Im frightened I wont have the option to utilize my permit as one of them since its so near lapsing.

SaraJennifer

Dec 22, 2020
My wellbeing card terminated the last walk. I didn't get a notification or anything via the post office to tell me that it was lapsing. I as of late saw that it was terminated. I haven't had the opportunity to go into Canada administration to reestablish it the previous few weeks since I have been so occupied with work and dealing with my mother. I have some available energy one week from now so I'm pondering going into Canada administration at that point to reestablish it. Nonetheless, my driver's permit is additionally going to lapse on walk seventeenth. I know I'm cutting it very close, yet I'm truly on edge that assistance Canada won't accept my permit as distinguishing proof. I'm not certain what else I can utilize. I checked the Ontario administration site and I need 3 unique records, one from each rundown on the Ontario Health Insurance Plan. I'm considering getting my identification and a t4 slip however I'm frightened I won't have the option to utilize my permit as one of them since it's so near lapsing.
any updates