+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Insurance Coverage

Nezumi

Dec 31, 2013
Hello, I need to buy a health insurance for my time in Canada. I found requirements: it needts to cover medical care, hospitalization and repatriation, but I can't find anything about how much costs it needs to cover. Is it up to me what level of coverage will I pick or is there any minimum level?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call up an insurance agent and they will go over the requirements with you

Nezumi

Dec 31, 2013
I don't think the insurance agent will know what are visa requirements for Canada. Unless I misunderstood something, I think I can get any insurance I want so.. I can get it from insurance institution in my country. I don't think they will know requirements for Canadian immigration. Or do I have to get it from some Canadian institution?

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
What country is your citizenship?

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
Nezumi said:
Hello, I need to buy a health insurance for my time in Canada. I found requirements: it needts to cover medical care, hospitalization and repatriation, but I can't find anything about how much costs it needs to cover. Is it up to me what level of coverage will I pick or is there any minimum level?
The minimum coverage you pick should be based on your age, the duration of coverage you need, your medical history. Canadian health care is not the most affordable so I would advise comparing different coverage amount - sometimes you can get a lot more coverage for only slightly higher premiums.

If you need to take a look at what different Canadian insurance providers offer you can visit:

https://arbetovinsurance.com/visitorstocanada/

Nezumi

Dec 31, 2013
goldenbrown said:
The minimum coverage you pick should be based on your age, the duration of coverage you need, your medical history. Canadian health care is not the most affordable so I would advise comparing different coverage amount - sometimes you can get a lot more coverage for only slightly higher premiums.

If you need to take a look at what different Canadian insurance providers offer you can visit:

https://arbetovinsurance.com/visitorstocanada/
Thanks,
I was moslty wondering if government of Canada requires some specific amount. Because I'm coming on Working Holiday Visa and one of the requirements is to have the insurance for an entire time of my stay when I arrive in Canada. But I couldn't find any information if they require me to have some minimum coverage or just any amout I decide is suitable for me.
And to answer above the question I'm from Poland.