+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Claim History Request

hungkubu

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hello everyone,

Is the health claim history mandatory for everyone applying for Canadian citizenship or who should provide that? If yes, what is the best time to request that like before or after the AOR?

Thanks,

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Is the health claim history mandatory for everyone applying for Canadian citizenship or who should provide that? If yes, what is the best time to request that like before or after the AOR?

Thanks,
What's that? Nothing of such is mentioned anywhere in the application process.

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
What's that? Nothing of such is mentioned anywhere in the application process.
Seconded, this is the first time I've ever heard about it, definitely not mandatory.

Reactions: hungkubu and Doda

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
what is the best time to request that like before or after the AOR?
If you want to save time and be prepared then you can request any time and keep it ready. It seems that for few applicants they asked for everyone including the children hence just request for all. Go to your provincial health site and request and it takes a month or so.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Records showing dates of health care services (without revealing the type or nature of the health care service itself) are not ordinarily required in the process of applying for a grant of citizenship.

They can be requested if the processing agent or citizenship officer evaluating the application has questions about the applicant's actual physical presence. In particular, some applicants receive requests for such records as part of a non-routine Residence Questionnaire (RQ), typically attendant the CIT 0520 request, known as "RQ-lite," or CIT 0171, which is the full-blown version of RQ.

That is, such records can be requested as evidence showing the applicant was in Canada.

Even then they are not "mandatory," not in the sense that a failure to submit them would constitutes grounds for denying the application. But of course the applicant must respond to the request. The RQ usually includes requests for other records as well, so an explanation for why they are not included in the response can be submitted with records that are being sent in. And, after all, many people can go three, four, or more years without getting any medical services.

Even RQ-lite appears to NOT be common these days. Meaning few applicants get RQ-related requests. So most applicants do not need to worry about this.

There is no guaranteed way to be sure an applicant will not get RQ'd but one of the easiest ways to reduce the risk is to wait to apply with a good margin over the minimum physical presence requirement.

Reactions: Ace2000

hungkubu

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Records showing dates of health care services (without revealing the type or nature of the health care service itself) are not ordinarily required in the process of applying for a grant of citizenship.

They can be requested if the processing agent or citizenship officer evaluating the application has questions about the applicant's actual physical presence. In particular, some applicants receive requests for such records as part of a non-routine Residence Questionnaire (RQ), typically attendant the CIT 0520 request, known as "RQ-lite," or CIT 0171, which is the full-blown version of RQ.

That is, such records can be requested as evidence showing the applicant was in Canada.

Even then they are not "mandatory," not in the sense that a failure to submit them would constitutes grounds for denying the application. But of course the applicant must respond to the request. The RQ usually includes requests for other records as well, so an explanation for why they are not included in the response can be submitted with records that are being sent in. And, after all, many people can go three, four, or more years without getting any medical services.

Even RQ-lite appears to NOT be common these days. Meaning few applicants get RQ-related requests. So most applicants do not need to worry about this.

There is no guaranteed way to be sure an applicant will not get RQ'd but one of the easiest ways to reduce the risk is to wait to apply with a good margin over the minimum physical presence requirement.
Thank you so much for your great explanation. Can you please advise how long is a good margin 2 months, 3 months or more?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Can you please advise how long is a good margin 2 months, 3 months or more?
I cannot offer advice. I can offer some observations about things to consider in making the decision about when-to-apply.

There is little consensus about how many days over the minimum physical presence is a "good" margin, although comments about this by forum participants tend to emphasize that even very confident applicants should have at least a week to ten days.

My view is that a month is the prudent applicant's minimum margin. But what is a "good" margin will vary considerably depending on the individual person's situation and history.

The biggest factor, which should be obvious, is how certain the prospective applicant is about getting the travel history right, meaning both complete and accurate. Those who have kept a travel journal, recording each and every cross-border trip when it happens, which is what IRCC has long suggested, and who are thus highly confident in their travel history, can typically feel confident applying with a smaller margin than, say, someone who reconstructs their travel history for the application (relying on passport stamps is particularly prone to error, for example). But other factors, like the strength and stability of the PR's work and address history, can be big factors.

There is no guaranteed way to for-sure avoid any RQ-related non-routine processing requests, so it is not as if a really big margin will for sure eliminate the risk of RQ. But, in contrast, the more there might be reasons-to-question-presence (such as for an applicant who has continued to have extensive work or residential or family ties abroad for a significant part of the eligibility period), the more a bigger margin might make the difference between a routinely processed application versus encountering RQ-related non-routine processing.

I added a FULL YEAR, which involved waiting well over another year, before applying . . . but that was largely because I was self-employed operating the same business as I did before immigrating to Canada, exporting the same services to the same clientele outside Canada, a very strong ongoing tie outside Canada. Moreover, I already carried a passport which allowed me visa-free international travel almost as much as a Canadian passport would, so there was no rush for me. Few will need to wait nearly so long as I did. I mention my experience to illustrate just how personal this decision is, the when-to-apply decision.

Thus, the short answer would have been "a good margin ranges from 30 to 300 days, depending on the individual's situation and history."