+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health card renewal

rb2c

Jul 10, 2015
I request some help on my health card will expire in Dec 2016. What is requirement to renew the health card in toronto.

rb2c

Jul 10, 2015
Actually I am PR card holder, My PR card is renewed recently. I applied health card in 2010 but before receiving I left Canada and could not received the health card but I have the transection record paper from health card office which they given me at the time of application. AS per that paper the expiry date is Nov 2016. What should I do in this situation to renew my health card or apply for new one.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you never actually had a health card? Are you currently living in Ontario? If you are, how many months have you spent in Ontario in the past 12 months?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rb2c said:
In toronto only one month.
So if you haven't actually ever had a health card and you never spent 5/6 months in Ontario after you applied for it the first time and haven't spent 5/12 months every year since then, you are actually starting from scratch again as a newcomer. Just go to OHIP, tell them how long you were outside Canada and when you came back to Ontario. You will have a 3 month waiting period to get your health card from the day you arrived again.

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
rb2c said:
Actually I am PR card holder, My PR card is renewed recently. I applied health card in 2010 but before receiving I left Canada and could not received the health card but I have the transection record paper from health card office which they given me at the time of application. AS per that paper the expiry date is Nov 2016. What should I do in this situation to renew my health card or apply for new one.

azx0987

Sep 30, 2015
Hi all,

I need some information regarding getting a new health card in Ontario. I have a PGWP(Post Graduate Work Permit) which will expire in Nov 2018 and I am currently full-time as a Web Administrator. What documents do I need to submit to Service Ontario in order to get a Health Card ? Also, Can I apply online as well ?

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
Take these to service Ontario (full services center)

1. PGWP (original)
2. Passport
3. Pay stubs (last 3 months or more)
4. Employment letter **this is such a pain** (There is a defined format and it should be mentioned that employment is Ontario based and other details like full time and job responsibilities) ----- i was sent back couple of times because each time the agent has requested something that was not in letter and one time the letter was not original when initially applied(was copy of original)
5.Proof of address (Driver's license ,if not govt photo id)
6. make sure yours and your wife addresses are updated and matches if not you'll be sent back and will take weeks to be able to apply again

When issuing OHIP to PGWP holder ,Service Ontario agent treats you as if you are going to steal something from them,atleast thats how my experience was.

Source: own experience (2x times renewal for myself and wife)

aircanada

May 27, 2014
milo2015 said:
Take these to service Ontario (full services center)

1. PGWP (original)
2. Passport
3. Pay stubs (last 3 months or more)
4. Employment letter **this is such a pain** (There is a defined format and it should be mentioned that employment is Ontario based and other details like full time and job responsibilities) ----- i was sent back couple of times because each time the agent has requested something that was not in letter and one time the letter was not original when initially applied(was copy of original)
5.Proof of address (Driver's license ,if not govt photo id)
6. make sure yours and your wife addresses are updated and matches if not you'll be sent back and will take weeks to be able to apply again

When issuing OHIP to PGWP holder ,Service Ontario agent treats you as if you are going to steal something from them,atleast thats how my experience was.

Source: own experience (2x times renewal for myself and wife)
Pay stubs wasn't necessary in my case.

They normally give you a paper which lists what the employment letter should contain.

If you don't have drivers license or govt photo ID, lease or bank statement with your name and address on it is fine.

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
aircanada said:
If you don't have drivers license or govt photo ID, lease or bank statement with your name and address on it is fine.
FYI

They will not accept just any bank statements from bank with name and address. The bank statements should be mailed to your address in your name and only those statements you can show them as proof of address. If you go to bank and get bank statement with name,address etc and stamp on it, they wont accept it (Personal experience)

aircanada

May 27, 2014
milo2015 said:
FYI

They will not accept just any bank statements from bank with name and address. The bank statements should be mailed to your address in your name and only those statements you can show them as proof of address. If you go to bank and get bank statement with name,address etc and stamp on it, they wont accept it (Personal experience)
Hmm. I thin I printed off a copy of my credit card statement and it was fine ::)

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
aircanada said:
Hmm. I thin I printed off a copy of my credit card statement and it was fine ::)
Then you got lucky and the agent that you dealt with perhaps did not follow the rules. Only mailed checking or saving or any home bill in your name.

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf