+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Card renew in SK After LANDING!!

babebabe

Jun 20, 2014
Hi guys !
after landing, I applied to update my health card information as a PR.
Today I got my new health card, it shows it only valid for HALF YEAR until DEC 2014.
I thought i should expect it to expire in 2017 or 2018 ????

I AM SO SHOCKED!!!!!! I usually have a health card at least valid for one year.

is anyone who in SK can share some experience???? Why this happened????

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi,

this is very strange,its most likely a mistake on their end just give them a call or visit one of their registry offices they will find out why you only got half a year.
i though if you are a citizen or permanent resident your card will not have an expiry date and will be indefinite just like SIN card?

salmon1978

Jan 3, 2013
Not sure whether it's revelant:
I tried to renew my driver's licenec in BC and they told me I need to have my PR card to get a formal driver's licence. COPR or even landing paper doesn't count. So they just gave me a temporary one asking me to renew every month until I can present the card.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
salmon1978 said:
Not sure whether it's revelant:
I tried to renew my driver's licenec in BC and they told me I need to have my PR card to get a formal driver's licence. COPR or even landing paper doesn't count. So they just gave me a temporary one asking me to renew every month until I can present the card.
They told me the same, they need proof of your PR status in Canada in order to put your new DL through, same counts
for your BC medical services card - ICBC and Health BC use the same systems, so you have to show your PR card in order to
get one or both cards processed.

T.