1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Dear all,
I have a query regarding the health and drivers license.
I am a landed immigrant in canada . i would like to leave now and come back after 1 yr. Now Questions
1. Is it necessary to apply for health card now?
2. Documents for health card include bank statement for one month or Driving license (may be G1 test)
I just opened it and not going to stay for a month In this case i need to go for the G1 test which i want to avoid now Can i do that?

3.I want to avail my international driving license and a letter from ministry of transportation in my country to go through directly to G driving test .Is there any restricion on the number of days after landing to submit these papers? can i go and come back after a year and apply for the driving license G test?

Regards
ramkrishna

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You do not have to apply for a health card now.
2. You do not need to go for the G1 test now. You can come later with your papers and do it then.

singh092120

Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
9-Feb-2010
Nomination.....
26-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
6-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Allready done
File Transfer...
17-Feb-2010
Med's Request
20-jan-11, Received 27-1-11
Med's Done....
31 Jan. 11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
On 25/03/2011
Dear Sir,
I need your help, My case is in process. the surname column in my passport is empty.

my q is: do we face any problem regarding issuance of driving license and SIN card if surname is not mentioned in passport.?

my given name as in PP: inder kumar
surname:--------(blank)

pls advise me.still meedicals are pending.

thanks n regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Not a problem. U'd be provided the PRV which'd state your name as:
KUMAR (Surname) INDER (Given name)​
Qorax

singh092120

Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
9-Feb-2010
Nomination.....
26-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
6-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Allready done
File Transfer...
17-Feb-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
31 Jan. 11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
On 25/03/2011
qorax said:
Not a problem. U'd be provided the PRV which'd state your name as:
KUMAR (Surname) INDER (Given name)​
Qorax
thanx bro

kaps

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Hi, I have an International Driving License from India which is valid for 1 year. I need to know do i have to have a written letter as well from India RTO in order to get exemptions here in Canada to get the Main driving license.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kaps said:
Hi, I have an International Driving License from India which is valid for 1 year. I need to know do i have to have a written letter as well from India RTO in order to get exemptions here in Canada to get the Main driving license.
Yes, u need the Letter of Authentication for your Indian DL as well.

singh092120

Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
9-Feb-2010
Nomination.....
26-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
6-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Allready done
File Transfer...
17-Feb-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
31 Jan. 11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
On 25/03/2011
qorax said:
Yes, u need the Letter of Authentication for your Indian DL as well.
can you pls share performa for letter of authentication,

thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
singh092120 said:
can you pls share performa for letter of authentication,

thanks
All MTOs have the it on their system. Generally it says:
"To whomsoever it may concern. And then goes to explain the type, No., issue & expiry date, picture and a non-violation report" - Under seal & sign of the issuing office.

Qorax

Bethel7

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
Please kindly help.
I have almost similar problem. I landed just few months ago and returned back to my country immediately to sort out few things. Now hopping to relocate finally to Canada in 2011.
But on my way back after landing, I discovered that in the CIC system at the airport, they mistakingly swerved my names. Thus! my surname as first name while first name as surname.
I noticed it when the immigration officer asked to know my surname. I mentioned David, but checked and said its not in the system. And that is what its on my passport as surname. He later checked using my first name for surname. And she confirmed its in the system. But she was also surprise why the mistake.
Please kindly advice what I should do when I return back to Canada. Will this creat any problem for me? All should I continue to answer my first name as surname? All my documents and International passport carries David as my surnme.
Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you have a PR card with your first and last names mixed up then? It would be best to apply for a new PR card once you are in Canada to stay. Send them the old one back along with a letter explaining the misunderstanding and certified copies of your passport and other ID. Otherwise you risk having some mix ups and problems with this in the future.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Bethel7 said:
Please kindly help.
I have almost similar problem. I landed just few months ago and returned back to my country immediately to sort out few things. Now hopping to relocate finally to Canada in 2011.
But on my way back after landing, I discovered that in the CIC system at the airport, they mistakingly swerved my names. Thus! my surname as first name while first name as surname.
I noticed it when the immigration officer asked to know my surname. I mentioned David, but checked and said its not in the system. And that is what its on my passport as surname. He later checked using my first name for surname. And she confirmed its in the system. But she was also surprise why the mistake.
Please kindly advice what I should do when I return back to Canada. Will this creat any problem for me? All should I continue to answer my first name as surname? All my documents and International passport carries David as my surnme.
Thanks.
Hi, which one of these 2 posts give your true case scenario?

Bethel7 said:
PLEASE HELP: I want to apply for Canadian immigration. But I am just confused on the class I should apply for. Please kindly advise me. I studied Biology/Chemistry in the University. I live in Africa. And since I graduated, I have not been able to secure a job. To survive, I opened a photographic studio which have really helped me in paying my bills. Moreso, I am still single.
However, having gone through the CIC website, I couldn't trace which class I should apply for considering I have not worked with any company since I left school. And I am single.
Please I will appreciate if could help to advice me on the class I should apply for, to permanently immigrate to canada.
Moreover, If you could help to give me the possible link of some affordable and honest immigration lawyers to handle my case, I will appreciate. Thanks for your prompt replies.
Regards
Bethel7.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-submission-t51815.0.html