+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Headphone for ielts

tonysilas

Jun 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone :)
I know this question is stupid but i wanted to ask because i felt asking a stupid question to clarify is better than keeping quiet. Which headset is good for practicing listen skills for ielts?? i'm going to buy one for me to practice..

Miki27

Sep 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 December 2011[br]PER...............: 15 February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with app (Band 8.0)
File Transfer...
19 June 2012 [br]([i]"We started processing your application"[i])
Med's Request
02 August 2012
Med's Done....
08 August 2012[br]Med's Recvd...: 14 August 2012[br]Med's on ECAS: 25 August 2012[br][i]("Medical results have been received")[/i]
Passport Req..
18 October 2012[br]Decision Made: 31 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 October 2012
tonysilas said:
Hello everyone :)
I know this question is stupid but i wanted to ask because i felt asking a stupid question to clarify is better than keeping quiet. Which headset is good for practicing listen skills for ielts?? i'm going to buy one for me to practice..

Since you will be hearing the recording through speakers in the exam room I would suggest that you get yourself loudspeakers and practise that way. If you use headphones you are eliminating any background noise or distance to the recording and since you will be listening to the recording through loudspeakers on your test date, I would recommend that you practise with loudspeakers.

From my own experience, the recording is very clear and easily understandable through loudspeakers during the test so don't worry about the quality of the recording! ;)

Michaela

tonysilas

Jun 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miki27 said:
Since you will be hearing the recording through speakers in the exam room I would suggest that you get yourself loudspeakers and practise that way. If you use headphones you are eliminating any background noise or distance to the recording and since you will be listening to the recording through loudspeakers on your test date, I would recommend that you practise with loudspeakers.

From my own experience, the recording is very clear and easily understandable through loudspeakers during the test so don't worry about the quality of the recording! ;)

Michaela
In india from what i've heard almost all the centres use headphones for the test.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miki27 said:
<snip> will be hearing the recording through speakers in the exam room <snip>
It varies by centre and sometimes by date depending on the facility they will use - some provide individual headphones and others use speakers. I would recommend calling the centre you will take the exam at and ask them for how they expect to play the recordings on your particular test date.