Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
documents sent on 22th june received on 24th june(AZIZW)
AOR Received.
ECAS 'Received by Visa office 'changed on 24th Aug 2010 waiting for 2nd AOR
hi,
thats my last chance to qaulify my 120 almost over.. plz some one can help me out with IELTS speaking ?

I have give IELTS 6 times i always get 7 bands but less in speaking please some one can give me tips for speaking ? plzzzzzzzzzzz my 120 almost over thats my last chance some one can help me ? plzzz any tip any thing to take care of coz my vocab is good but i m not fluent and fluency can't be changed in 120 days i get confused and in few occasion stuck but my english is over all good i m keep on getting consistant 6 bands ... plzz need help for 0.5 more marks any tip any suggustions ? from any one are welcomed plzz plz plz help me out

S

shibuya

Read daily english newspapers and watch daily cnn & bbc news channel . u can improve a lot.

mohni

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
q2hassan said:
hi,
thats my last chance to qaulify my 120 almost over.. plz some one can help me out with IELTS speaking ?

I have give IELTS 6 times i always get 7 bands but less in speaking please some one can give me tips for speaking ? plzzzzzzzzzzz my 120 almost over thats my last chance some one can help me ? plzzz any tip any thing to take care of coz my vocab is good but i m not fluent and fluency can't be changed in 120 days i get confused and in few occasion stuck but my english is over all good i m keep on getting consistant 6 bands ... plzz need help for 0.5 more marks any tip any suggustions ? from any one are welcomed plzz plz plz help me out
Well,
According to my experience..... Try to speak alot with someone either ur friends or colleagues. THINK in ENGLISH, whatever u r doing and try to speak with yourself in english while watching news,movies, or reading newspaper....i mean to say If u r reading or listening in your Native langugae but tell yourself in English what u r reading or listening.......
For examiner......Just keep in your mind that U just give a chance to your exmainer to start a topic but speak whatever you know about it. Keep your flow and expressions in a sense that u r enjoying that moment. ITS BETTER IF YOUR EXAMINER STOPs u to move on furhtur question answer. If u have a good VOCab. then try to streamline your sentences during speaking.

Best wishes

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (May 13, 2014), PPR-2 (Jun 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 2014, Permanent landing not decided yet
q2hassan said:
hi,

Only way is practice, speak as much as possible in ur daily routine. Ask a friend or if married ur spouse to have daily speaking sessions with u.

In interview try to be confident, take ur time before answering any question. Try to speak slow as it gives u more time to think & deliver. Speak as much as possible until the examiner stops u. Dont give short answers or answers with a gesture. Speak.

Good luck...Inshallah u will suceed.

q2hassan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
thanks alot ...................

q2hassan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
thats one of the issue that i try to speak fast as i feel and once the examiner said that ur english is good but not fluent so i try to speak fast .which after 30 sec left me with no words and for the practice is concern i m not married if i wud have been married i didn't need IELTs points and i don't have much time on friday i got speaking test just gathering tips and hope it will go on well hope i can achieve 0.5 more points

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (May 13, 2014), PPR-2 (Jun 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 2014, Permanent landing not decided yet
q2hassan said:
thats one of the issue that i try to speak fast as i feel and once the examiner said that ur english is good but not fluent so i try to speak fast .which after 30 sec left me with no words and for the practice is concern i m not married if i wud have been married i didn't need IELTs points and i don't have much time on friday i got speaking test just gathering tips and hope it will go on well hope i can achieve 0.5 more points
Look u dont need to be extremely fast to answer questions. Becuase even a fluent person need time to think over the question. So thats y i wrote take a few seconds to think before start anwering. For speaking task, u have one minute to think over. In this one minute take a paper & pen from examiner & write down few key points regarding task. keep this paper before u during ur task & make ur points.

Hope that helps

Best of luck.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try listening to speeches that people have given that you can get the text for and read along with the speaker paying a lot of attention to the cadence (speed, emphasis) you use vs. the person who gave the speech. This can also help increase your vocabulary.

Also, to help you avoid running out of things to say - remember they are testing your ability to speak, not the detailed content of what you say. So, make sure you just talk a lot (until they stop you) and don't pause to think about whether the details are right ... it's more important to talk, talk, talk so they can assess your vocabulary and ability to speak.

Remember, you are almost there - 0.5 is very very close (statistically not very significant). If the next time doesn't work, keep trying - you'll make it!

q2hassan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
thanks alot thats very valuable the advise i tired 6 tmes all the time i got 7 bands some variation in listening exam but same in speaking writing and reading i.e 6 in speaking and 7 in reading and writing , i have to submit the documents on or before 18 june thats very near that my last chance or i will be withdrawing my application :( thanks every one for your kind advise and hope i can make it ..

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
Hassan, dont worry, InshALLAH you will succeed, all prayers for you. and best of luck too. just try to remain calm during the speaking exam, that will help you in preparing your answers well..

regards

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
q2hassan said:
thanks alot thats very valuable the advise i tired 6 tmes all the time i got 7 bands some variation in listening exam but same in speaking writing and reading i.e 6 in speaking and 7 in reading and writing , i have to submit the documents on or before 18 june thats very near that my last chance or i will be withdrawing my application :( thanks every one for your kind advise and hope i can make it ..
Don't worry brother..things will inshallah be gud for you. For speaking in front of teacher, definitely it needs more of confidence. For confidence, u need to be a relaxed thinker before attempting to reply on any query. For speaking on a topic, which in my view is the difficult task, rightly suggested by one of the valued member that write your points on a piece of paper i.e. 1.2.3.4 (that examiner is obliged to provide you) and than start speaking slowly. Don't worry about covering all points. Examiner will be happy listening you according to your thoughts on paper with in limited time. I was stopped by the examiner after she felt that more is spoken besides my points were not complete and i still received band 8....

Gud luk
Ashraf

q2hassan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
thanks alot guys really thank ful to u need 0.5 hope i will get them tommrow ..