Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
The officer told me that!!! My case is not related to the link that you sent. I can work full time with my OWP. It is not related to study permit!
They're not officers, they're just agents/customer service.

Aug 3, 2022
I had the same exact experience as you did and based upon my phone inquiry they (the CIC telephone agent and his supervising officer after putting me on hold) told me that you can have two valid permits and the conditions of one, do not invalidate the other. However, I wish I had written confirmation from them i.e. an email, because I was recently talking with an immigration lawyer and he was so adamant that you cannot work more than 20 hours even if you have both a PGWP and a study permit. Tbh, it has caused a bit of distress hearing how sure he was, but I still have more faith in what I was told by CIC, plus the majority of my work was on-campus and related to my studies (RA/TA) so hopefully, that wouldn't be a problem

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
I had the same exact experience as you did and based upon my phone inquiry they (the CIC telephone agent and his supervising officer after putting me on hold) told me that you can have two valid permits and the conditions of one, do not invalidate the other. However, I wish I had written confirmation from them i.e. an email, because I was recently talking with an immigration lawyer and he was so adamant that you cannot work more than 20 hours even if you have both a PGWP and a study permit. Tbh, it has caused a bit of distress hearing how sure he was, but I still have more faith in what I was told by CIC, plus the majority of my work was on-campus and related to my studies (RA/TA) so hopefully, that wouldn't be a problem
Here's your written confirmation from the official website itself:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1618&top=17

Immigration lawyers shouldn't be considered as perfect. I remember seeing one immigration lawyer's video on YouTube in which he says that self-employment isn't allowed on a study permit when IRCC has explicitly stated that's it's allowed multiple times.

Tileyy

Nov 19, 2022
Hello! I am in same situation. I have 3 years PGWP while I have study permit. My study is part time( CPA) . Will this affect my CEC experience? Should I put the study in personal history? Help!!

is it legal to have both permits at the same time? Full timejob, part time studies