+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having question about applying for CEC with PGWP

Erseenvi

Feb 11, 2020
Hi,

I will apply for express entry in CEC this week but there are 2 questions I couldn't find answer.

First of all, I've been working in my company for 1 year with my post-grad work permit. My question is:

As I am still working in the same company with the same position that I got the offer before, does that mean I still have a valid job offer?

Or valid job offer has to be issued for you for a new job in a new company or for another position from your current employer?

I look forward to hearing from you guys.
Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I will apply for express entry in CEC this week but there are 2 questions I couldn't find answer.

First of all, I've been working in my company for 1 year with my post-grad work permit. My question is:

As I am still working in the same company with the same position that I got the offer before, does that mean I still have a valid job offer?

Or valid job offer has to be issued for you for a new job in a new company or for another position from your current employer?

I look forward to hearing from you guys.
Thank you!
Your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA in order for this to qualify as a job offer and give you the 50 points.

To qualify for the 50 points without an approved LMIA, you must be on a closed work permit (where the employer is named in the work permit) and you must have worked for the employer for a full year.

Erseenvi

Feb 11, 2020
Thank you scylla!

So as I understand I cannot get 50 points for my job offer.

Because I graduated from a Canadian Uni. then got my open post-grad work permit and started with my job related with my major a year ago without LMIA.
But I was thinking that I do not need LMIA as I've been already working for 1 year with the same employer. Is that wrong?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you scylla!

So as I understand I cannot get 50 points for my job offer.

Because I graduated from a Canadian Uni. then got my open post-grad work permit and started with my job related with my major a year ago without LMIA.
But I was thinking that I do not need LMIA as I've been already working for 1 year with the same employer. Is that wrong?
Unfortunately this is wrong.

This would only apply if you were on a closed work permit with your employer listed on the work permit (example: Intra Company Transfer visa). A PGWP is an open work permit with no employer listed, so it doesn't qualify. Your employer would need to obtain an approved LMIA for you to get the 50 points.

Reactions: Erseenvi