+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having multiple NOC C jobs at the same time. Where should I add them?

ukjj

Jan 11, 2017
Hello all, I need some guidance on my work history

I had a total of 3 jobs while I was in studying in university
The NOC associated with the jobs do not get me any points.
The jobs were on campus (though they weren’t exclusively for students; I was hired on an off-campus work permit).
I was working all 3 jobs at the same time.
They were part time and I was an on-call worker for all of them. Basically, I’d pick up shifts as they became available. This meant the jobs were not regular and I cannot associate or even approximate the number of hours I worked per week. Some weeks I didn’t get any shifts and some weeks I worked the full 20 hours that I was allowed to work on my off-campus work permit.

My problem:
It is difficult for me to approximate how many hours I worked per job.
My official start and end dates for the jobs don’t reflect how much work I did (since they were not regular). Example: I resigned 6 months after I picked up my last shift so my official resignation date. So my employment letters will not reflect the time period I actually worked.
There is considerable overlap between all the jobs.

My questions:
1 - Since the jobs don’t get me any points, is it okay if I don’t mention them in the Work History section but mention them in my Personal History Section (in the Personal Activities sub-section)? I’ll also mention in my Letter of Explanation that I did not add them to my Work History section because I’m not claiming any points for them.
2 - If I put the jobs in the Personal History Section only, do I still have to provide employment letters?
3 - If I put 1 of the jobs in my Work History section when I filled out my application initially (before I was invited to apply). The NOC I provided for the job was “C” so it doesn’t affect my points in my opinion. Can I safely remove it from the Work history section and only add it in the Personal History Section of the PR application?

I'd like to keep things simple but truthful!

Thanks in advance.

p.sarafraz

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
CEC
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
Can you please share the topics for our read as well. I have the same questions.

Thank you,
Paddy

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
ukjj said:
Hello all, I need some guidance on my work history

I had a total of 3 jobs while I was in studying in university
The NOC associated with the jobs do not get me any points.
The jobs were on campus (though they weren’t exclusively for students; I was hired on an off-campus work permit).
I was working all 3 jobs at the same time.
They were part time and I was an on-call worker for all of them. Basically, I’d pick up shifts as they became available. This meant the jobs were not regular and I cannot associate or even approximate the number of hours I worked per week. Some weeks I didn’t get any shifts and some weeks I worked the full 20 hours that I was allowed to work on my off-campus work permit.

My problem:
It is difficult for me to approximate how many hours I worked per job.
My official start and end dates for the jobs don’t reflect how much work I did (since they were not regular). Example: I resigned 6 months after I picked up my last shift so my official resignation date. So my employment letters will not reflect the time period I actually worked.
There is considerable overlap between all the jobs.

My questions:
1 - Since the jobs don’t get me any points, is it okay if I don’t mention them in the Work History section but mention them in my Personal History Section (in the Personal Activities sub-section)? I’ll also mention in my Letter of Explanation that I did not add them to my Work History section because I’m not claiming any points for them.
2 - If I put the jobs in the Personal History Section only, do I still have to provide employment letters?
3 - If I put 1 of the jobs in my Work History section when I filled out my application initially (before I was invited to apply). The NOC I provided for the job was “C” so it doesn’t affect my points in my opinion. Can I safely remove it from the Work history section and only add it in the Personal History Section of the PR application?

I'd like to keep things simple but truthful!

Thanks in advance.
3. Don't make any changes to the conditions under which you received an invite. Please provide a letter of explanation asking the officer not to consider a particular work period.
2. Personal history may also be used for work experiences for which you do not have enough proof's
1. refer to 3

ukjj

Jan 11, 2017
reddyreddy said:
3. Don't make any changes to the conditions under which you received an invite. Please provide a letter of explanation asking the officer not to consider a particular work period.
2. Personal history may also be used for work experiences for which you do not have enough proof's
1. refer to 3
Thank you!