+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having 2 PR applications at the same time

TORYL1997

Oct 15, 2018
Hello,

In October, I filled out the application for PR under Canadian Experienced Class, but at first didn't get enough points, so my application was just hanging there.
My work visa was expiring as well, so I applied under common law with my boyfriend.
A few weeks ago I reached the 2 years of experience at work, so they updated my points and I got an invitation to apply, and now I am qualified to apply myself under Express Entry.
A few days after receiving an invitation to apply, I received an email from CIC that my documents under common law are under review as well, nothing was returned, nothing is missing, so they are reviewing it.

My question is, should I just wait for the decision regarding my application under common law? Or should I also send out the documents under EE? And can I even have 2 applications going at the same time?
Also, what are the chances that they will not approve my common law application, as everything is true, we are still living together, provided all the proof etc.

I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you,
Victoria

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
HI All,
I have got my Pr already through PNP paper based application and my express entry is shows in submitted but have not got anything yet so i have raised the withdrawal request through webform. so do i only get RFRP fee or complete processing fee?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
HI All,
I have got my Pr already through PNP paper based application and my express entry is shows in submitted but have not got anything yet so i have raised the withdrawal request through webform. so do i only get RFRP fee or complete processing fee?
You will get complete refund. If it just says submitted which means it’s not being processed. You will get full refund when your application is withdrawn. It will take around 1-2 months.

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
You will get complete refund. If it just says submitted which means it’s not being processed. You will get full refund when your application is withdrawn. It will take around 1-2 months.
Thank you so much for your response, did the same thing happen to you or some know ?