+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Haven't received the PR Card

harshivbarot

Apr 23, 2020
My wife landed on August 10, 2021 as a PR (Family Sponsorship Application). She received the CoPR document on the day she landed. It has been past 6 months now and she still haven't received her PR card. Also, haven't heard any communications from IRCC if they have mailed it or not. Not sure if they even notify. We want to travel in April and already booked the tickets hoping that she will get her PR card by then but I am still not feeling positive about it. We are going for vacation and I am don't want to take a risk of taking her without the PR card and applying for PRTD. If they cause delays in PRTD then she will be stuck outside Canada. What should we do? Is there anyone else who is still waiting for their PR card for more than 6 months?

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
I am in the same boat my friend. My mom & dad landed on Nov 01, 2021, my dad received his PR card in the first week of Jan 2022 however my mom have not yet received her PR card. we are planning to go India in Mar. I am ok to apply for the PRTD document for her from India, but the problem is VFS India is currently not accepting paper based application including PRTD application. Anyone having any idea about how can I apply for PRTD from India, please help.

Reactions: harshivbarot

harshivbarot

Apr 23, 2020
I am in the same boat my friend. My mom & dad landed on Nov 01, 2021, my dad received his PR card in the first week of Jan 2022 however my mom have not yet received her PR card. we are planning to go India in Mar. I am ok to apply for the PRTD document for her from India, but the problem is VFS India is currently not accepting paper based application including PRTD application. Anyone having any idea about how can I apply for PRTD from India, please help.
Did your dad receive any form of communication from IRCC that the PR card has been dispatched and will be delivered in a week or so or anything like that?

harshivbarot

Apr 23, 2020
Me and my wife are travelling to Dominican Republic for a week in the last week of April. She still hasn't received her PR card and she landed on August 10, 2021. We booked these tickets few months ago hoping that she would receive her PR card by then. I am thinking to cancel her tickets now and to go through the cancellation process. Before I do that, is there anything else we could do so she can travel? I have already looked into Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) but she can only apply for it from outside Canada and I am not sure how long it will take for IRCC to process that. We are only going there for a week. We have tried to get in touch with them but there is no luck. Any advise from you folks would be greatly appreciated.

mihachris

May 5, 2016
Me and my wife are travelling to Dominican Republic for a week in the last week of April. She still hasn't received her PR card and she landed on August 10, 2021. We booked these tickets few months ago hoping that she would receive her PR card by then. I am thinking to cancel her tickets now and to go through the cancellation process. Before I do that, is there anything else we could do so she can travel? I have already looked into Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) but she can only apply for it from outside Canada and I am not sure how long it will take for IRCC to process that. We are only going there for a week. We have tried to get in touch with them but there is no luck. Any advise from you folks would be greatly appreciated.
I'm in a similar situation. What did you end up doing? I'm traveling in May,

Planning to bring my eCOPR, Work Permit and eTA for the border.