+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you travelled from Canada to India with a new indian passport?

Part_time_Larry

Dec 11, 2022
What documents did you have to show at Delhi Airport and Toronto Airport after becoming PR? Did you ever travel with a new Indian passport? were you asked to show old passport as well?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What documents did you have to show at Delhi Airport and Toronto Airport after becoming PR? Did you ever travel with a new Indian passport? were you asked to show old passport as well?
At the domestic terminal of Toronto Airport, one can show any photo Identity document such as canadian driver license to board the plane.

Part_time_Larry

Dec 11, 2022
No. I was asking when you fly from Delhi to Toronto. What docs did you show at Delhi airport (current passport and PR card) and at Toronto airport (PR card)? Did you ever travel with a new indian passport? We’re you asked to show your old passport?

Part_time_Larry

Dec 11, 2022
Thanks. Is PR card stamped in passport? I received my PR back in 2019. If there’s no stamp in my PR then my old passport is utterly useless for immigration officer. I can only show my new passport and PR card.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks. Is PR card stamped in passport? I received my PR back in 2019. If there’s no stamp in my PR then my old passport is utterly useless for immigration officer. I can only show my new passport and PR card.
No only thing stamped in your passport is entry and departure stamp . You are way overthinking. As i told you immigration agent at India always ask unusual stuff which they don’t even know. You have nothing to worry about. Non-one can stop you to come to Canada because you don’t have expired pass with you.

Reactions: Part_time_Larry

Part_time_Larry

Dec 11, 2022
No only thing stamped in your passport is entry and departure stamp . You are way overthinking. As i told you immigration agent at India always ask unusual stuff which they don’t even know. You have nothing to worry about. Non-one can stop you to come to Canada because you don’t have expired pass with you.
What if they say that I received PR card when I had the old passport? Can I just say that PR card is not stamped in passport so it doesn't matter.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
What if they say that I received PR card when I had the old passport? Can I just say that PR card is not stamped in passport so it doesn't matter.
You are waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy overthinking. They will not ask you for old passport. It’s invalid. They can’t stop you for not having okd passport with you. Your pr card is not linked to anything. You just need a valid passport and pr card and show to agent when boarding flight. He won’t ask you for old passport.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
PR cards ARE NOT linked to passport. As long as you travel with a valid passport and a valid PR card, you are fine.

You are over thinking.

Part_time_Larry

Dec 11, 2022
PR cards ARE NOT linked to passport. As long as you travel with a valid passport and a valid PR card, you are fine.

You are over thinking.
Thank you. I'm over thinking because of Indian Immigration Officer. You know they have power to stop me from boarding.