+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you previously applied to enter canada?

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Hi all, please help.

There's a section on IMM5257 asking:

2c) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

If I was issued 2 visitors visas: 1. - 6 years ago. 2 - 4 years ago, does that mean that I have to answer "YES" to this question?
If I answer "YES" I would have to explain. But how do I explain? Like this - I applied to enter Canada 6 years ago and was issued a visa? etc......

Or should I simply answer "NO" to this question.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yumirdci said:
Hi all, please help.

There's a section on IMM5257 asking:

2c) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

If I was issued 2 visitors visas: 1. - 6 years ago. 2 - 4 years ago, does that mean that I have to answer "YES" to this question?
If I answer "YES" I would have to explain. But how do I explain? Like this - I applied to enter Canada 6 years ago and was issued a visa? etc......

Or should I simply answer "NO" to this question.

Thanks
The answer is "Yes" for 2C then you go to Question 2B and answer No.

lexis

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2014
Nomination.....
August 30, 2014
AOR Received.
April 17 - XEP & May 7 - EP and UCI
IELTS Request
none
Med's Request
May 22, 2015
Med's Done....
May 30, 2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
July 22, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

I need help:
in 2B : have you ever been refused a visa or permit.....? my answer should be Yes right? since i have applied 3 times, the first 2 applications has been refused.
in CB: Have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada? my answer will be YES also right? because just recently i visited canada for 1 week during my exploratory visit.

AND lastly, I am now completing my work permit application: since I am the applicant, my wife will accompany me . My questions are:

Family information : under type of application which one SHE will choose , Visitor or others?
and is she will be the APPLICANT ? OR REMAIN AS SPOUSE?

PLEASE..PLEASE..
THANK YOU

Thanks guys

Stagg

Nov 5, 2014
Hey Hi ! I have a query !

I got Rejected to US F1 visa - for 2b) I marked Yes and wrote USA F1 Visa refused in 2008 Dec ( Actually it is misrepresentation rejection but i didn't mention that )
2c) Yes. I applied but withdrawn my study permit in 2009 Aug because of processing delay !
I applied on SPP - Paid 8300 fee ( first sem + 2000 extra for SPP And GIC 10000 ) My passport dispatched on 4th Nov, I will be receiving it tmrw. What might be the result. I'm really tensed.. I have 80%+ academics in 10th inter and btech and have 5yrs real time exp as business analyst now going for IBM in Redriver. with ielts 7.5
Any guess :-/

amuttaleb

Nov 25, 2017
Hi, my wife's Permanent Resident application was refused twice, no she wants to apply for visitor visa. What should she say for the following questions:

2 b). Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country? 2 c). Have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada?

Will the answer for 2 b). YES and 2 c). NO
Does 2c applies for visitor visa only? or it includes PR visa. Please advise.

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Hi

Hello dear,
Hope you are fine .

I have same problem but I already submitted my application 2 days ago.
Q. Have you previously applied to enter / remain in Canada? Yes/No.
My answer is yes obviously but I am still confused for my explanation which I had to write in explaination.

I understood the question they are asking about which one was my previous application either enter or remain in Canada.
I did not write about my “enter to Canada “ application because I understood they were asking about latest previous application.

So, I written about “remain in Canada”i.e my answer was:
Yes, I applied for Post graduate work permit in Canada in 2017.

What can I do now??

It will be Ok or it is consider misrepresentation???
Because I was misunderstood the question.

For your information I applied first work permit / visa application together in 2012 and after then study permit and it’s visa separately in 2013 and its renewals in 2016 respectively after then PG work permit and work visa in 2017 so total my 7 application in the past.

However, I have attached passport document in which my all visa stamps there as we know that all visa comes after permit.

Please kindly help me . I am really worried about it . I canceled my biometrics appointment just because of this confusion.

I am waiting for your early response.

Thanks everyone.