+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you ever used any other name

Thekitchen232

Nov 2, 2020
Hello,

One of the questions on IMM 0008 is have you ever used any other name

On the passport and all legal documents I have a First Middle and 2 Last Names ( for example AA BB CC DD)

But for some things like credit cards my name was shortened because it is too long (for example AA DD) so only my first and one of my last names appear.

Should I answer yes to this question or no? The spelling is the same just in some documents only my first and one of the last names appear.

Thank you for your time

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
On the passport and all legal documents I have a First Middle and 2 Last Names ( for example AA BB CC DD)

But for some things like credit cards my name was shortened because it is too long (for example AA DD) so only my first and one of my last names appear.

Should I answer yes to this question or no? The spelling is the same just in some documents only my first and one of the last names appear.
I would in your case show that you use the form AA DD as well. I don't think it is necessary for those who don't habitually use their middle names, that's very common. In your case better to clarify because it is more common to use entire last name (CC DD) or to drop the latter part (use CC) but it does vary by culture or personal preference.

If you wish, you can provide a short letter of explanation although if this all fits in the allotted space, not needed.

Reactions: Thekitchen232