+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you ever had immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada, including your

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Regarding this question I sent a tweet to IRCC and they mentioned all temporary visitor statuses must be mentioned.

so on that note I have a clarifying question:
Do I need to list the issue and expiry dates listed on the actual visit visas OR the actual dates of travel? Because technically my temporary “status” doesn’t kick in until I’ve entered the country. There’s also cases where I have a visit visa to a particular country but I never ended up traveling there.

what must be done?
You should list the issue and expiry of your VISA.

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
You should list the issue and expiry of your VISA.
Okay maybe I’m over thinking this BUT what if I do that and they think it’s the dates I was actually there and think i lied about my travel history on the physical presence calculator.

Example: on the physical presence calculator I listed I travelled to country A from Jan 1 to Jan 29, however on question 13 I listed I held temporary status for country A from Issue date: Jan 1 to expiry date: Dec 1.

Should I include an LOE stating: “ Please note dates indicated for visitor visas are actual issue and expiry dates listed on the visa and NOT travel dates.”

Or am I over thinking and not include the LOE?

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
I did forget to mention the F1 visa for the US, but I did scan the visa (when they requested passport scans) and clearly stated that I was In the US, and provided my FBI PCC, can that cause an issue? I also never went to the US after my landing in Canada @rajkamalmohanram

Last edited:

mranswers

Oct 25, 2020
I don't have the need to argue or to explain this to you. This is a public thread and I want to help people.

Again, just because it worked for you it doesn't work for everyone.

And, no there is no mention of "during your eligibility period" for that question. This is true for other questions but not for this question.
The guide does the same thing: It does not restrict to just during the eligibility period
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

There are many different categories, time wise:
-some questions refer to the eligibility period
-some refer to the last four years
-some refer to "all time".
Hi I have a question pertaining to a similar question. I am a Tanzanian citizen and have travelled to many countries in my lifetime. I intend to include any countries I visited where I got a visa stamp in my passport or e-visa document to print and present to border authorities.

Tanzanian citizens however freely cross the Kenyan border and we usually get a stamp in our passport that allows us to visit Kenya for 3 months at a time. Do I need to include everytime I visited Kenya you think? Sometimes they don't even stamp the passports

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
So if we stayed in US under H1-B visa which is a immigrant visa I assume we should add these visa dates along with the original country of birth ?