+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?

sbk12

Jan 25, 2024
I am currently on F1 visa in the United States and I am working part time for over a year now, I had previously applied for a visitor visa to Canada and was rejected for the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html).

I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• You have limited employment possibilities in your country of residence

So should my answer be Yes to the above question now that I am re-applying and what should I write in the explanation box

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently on F1 visa in the United States and I am working part time for over a year now, I had previously applied for a visitor visa to Canada and was rejected for the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html).

I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• You have limited employment possibilities in your country of residence

So should my answer be Yes to the above question now that I am re-applying and what should I write in the explanation box
Absolutely, you answer YES. Your write the date of the refusal and reason.