+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you appplied for Express entry before?

AP29

Jul 28, 2017
India
Hi, I have been a student in Canada and have an existing UCI. I had made an express entry profile which I withdrew 2 months before it could expire. I received a file number and UCI for it however, I did not receive an ITA before withdrawing the profile. Then I created a new express entry profile and received an ITA in a month. Initially while creating the 2nd profile, I answered yes to the question "have you applied for express entry before?" and provided the file number EXXXXXXXXX. After receiving the ITA, there is a question "have you applied for Permanent Residence before?" This has been pre-filled with the answer as 'yes' along with the file number. Should I change the answer to 'no' as I had not received an ITA previously and could not apply for permanent residence or should I leave it to yes as I had made an express entry profile before the current one?

Any assistance/clarification would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Umuwildan

Aug 23, 2019
Any update on the Question??
My situation:

• My First EE application:
    Applied for Express Entry >>
    Got a Profile number: E000XXXXXX >>
    My profile was marked as Ineligible >>
    Also, received a letter from CIC stating that "...at this time you are ineligible for EE."
  • My Second EE application:
    Got a NEW Profile number: E000YYYYYY >>
    My profile was marked as Eligible >>
    Got ITA and Accepted ITA >>
    Currently, I am about to complete my submission of documents and pay. So, this is my last doubt!
Questions for New application:
What should my answers be for below two questions under section 'Personal details' >> 'Immigration history and citizenships':
  1. Question 1: Has Mayukh Athmaram applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?
    ANSWER I gave: No....... Is this correct???
  2. Question 2: Has Mayukh Athmaram applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before?
Please advice!!
Am in similar situation. What did you eventually did

Sabik

Aug 25, 2019
Hi everyone,

I created a 2nd Express Entry profile as my 1st was ineligible, and in the new profile, when they asked "Have you applied for Express Entry before", I answered yes and entered the EE profile number of my previous ineligible profile.

Now, I have received an ITA, and the PR online form asks if I have applied for PR before. I have never gotten any other ITA before this, nor have I applied for PR under any other program, so I would presume I should answer "No". However, this field was pre-filled with "Yes" and my previous EE profile number. I'm not sure now if I should change it to "No", or keep the pre-filled information to stay consistent with my valid profile. Can somebody please advise?

Thanks in advance!
Hi, Did you say yes or no? your situation is same as mine. They are asking me if I have applied before. Should I say no?
Thank you in advance.

Sabik

Aug 25, 2019
Any update on the Question??
My situation:

• My First EE application:
    Got a Profile number: E000XXXXXX >>
    My profile was marked as Ineligible >>
    Also, received a letter from CIC stating that "...at this time you are ineligible for EE."
  • My Second EE application:
    Got a NEW Profile number: E000YYYYYY >>
    My profile was marked as Eligible >>
    Got ITA and Accepted ITA >>
    Currently, I am about to complete my submission of documents and pay. So, this is my last doubt!
Questions for New application:
What should my answers be for below two questions under section 'Personal details' >> 'Immigration history and citizenships':
  1. Question 1: Has Mayukh Athmaram applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?
  2. Question 2: Has Mayukh Athmaram applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before?
Please advice!!
Hi did you get any confirmation on this one?
Thank you

Reactions: Shahnavazkhan

Rajit

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi, I have been a student in Canada and have an existing UCI. I had made an express entry profile which I withdrew 2 months before it could expire. I received a file number and UCI for it however, I did not receive an ITA before withdrawing the profile. Then I created a new express entry profile and received an ITA in a month. Initially while creating the 2nd profile, I answered yes to the question "have you applied for express entry before?" and provided the file number EXXXXXXXXX. After receiving the ITA, there is a question "have you applied for Permanent Residence before?" This has been pre-filled with the answer as 'yes' along with the file number. Should I change the answer to 'no' as I had not received an ITA previously and could not apply for permanent residence or should I leave it to yes as I had made an express entry profile before the current one?

Any assistance/clarification would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Hi, I am in the same boat. How you proceeded with that ?

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
I'll share my personal experience.

I created a first EE profile and submitted it but got rejected right away as I incorrectly entered a lower amount for the proof of fund than the minimum required.

I then created and submitted a second application and I answered YES to this question and I provided the EE number of my rejected application.

I got PPR a few weeks ago.

I don't think it mattered but in the end they could see my rejected application on my profile and I wanted to be transparent. For me applying was creating an application and submitting it so I answered yes.

KishanPatelkc

Nov 28, 2021
Hi Guys, I have done research as I am in the same situation.

Just due to curiosity, I have created an EE profile although my work experience was less than 1 year. I got status under the IRCC account that "You are not eligible".

But now I have completed 1 year of experience so I am creating a new profile and during the process, they are asking one question "Have you applied for Express Entry before ?" if I say yes then they will ask "Express Entry file number". Obviously, I do not have an EE File number as I never got ITA although I have an EE Profile number but EE profile number and EE File number are two different things.

SO I came to the conclusion that I should answer "NO" for the question "Have you applied for Express Entry before ?".

Supported link:
My feelings: I am confident to answer "No". If it is wrong then I should not worry as IRCC is not my enemy. They will definitely give me a chance to clarify the matter.

Praytent

Dec 16, 2021
Hello All,

I answered yes for having a certificate of qualification in my profile because I have been licensed to practice with the College of Early Childhood education. Is this a wrong move? I see that the Certificate of qualification applies to skilled trades but not sure if this applies to me. (I did not get points for it anyway).
Do not treat as a silly question please and thank you!