+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you appplied for Express entry before?

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Hi guys,

I was proof reading my EE application this morning and wasn't sure on what to enter for the question , have you applied for Express entry before? The question is, yes I created a profile a while back and received an ITA, but when I realized that I made an unintentional mistake in my profile I declined my ITA. So now, should I say 'yes' for the question or say 'no' coz I did not accept the ITA?

Thanks in advance for any help!

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
Kumarp said:
Hi guys,

I was proof reading my EE application this morning and wasn't sure on what to enter for the question , have you applied for Express entry before? The question is, yes I created a profile a while back and received an ITA, but when I realized that I made an unintentional mistake in my profile I declined my ITA. So now, should I say 'yes' for the question or say 'no' coz I did not accept the ITA?

I would say your answer is "No" because you have not yet applied. But check with others in the forum.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there something about that question that isn't clear, or do you just not want to answer honestly? Yes, you did in fact apply for EE before! Say yes, of course.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
dobes said:
Is there something about that question that isn't clear, or do you just not want to answer honestly? Yes, you did in fact apply for EE before! Say yes, of course.
I think my question was clear, there is nothing to be honest or dishonest here... Everybody applies for EE, some of them don't get ITA does that mean after every time a draw happens everyone needs to update their profile saying 'yes, Ive applied for previous draw too?'...

Yes, I did apply just like everyone else and declined the ITA even before proceeding with the application, because I found a mistake in my profile, so wasn't sure if that is counted or not. Also, when I said 'yes' it asks me for a EE file number, which I don't seem to have. So I thought when there is a source available, why not use it and get help from someone who might know better than me.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I agree with OP. You create an EE profile, you get offered the INVITATION to apply. If you decline the invitation you have not yet applied.

Thoughts?

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Yes, thoughts anyone?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
I agree with OP. You create an EE profile, you get offered the INVITATION to apply. If you decline the invitation you have not yet applied.

Thoughts?
No. It asked if you had applied for Express Entry, NOT for Permanent Residence. There is a difference. You apply for Express Entry when you fill out your profile. You apply for Permanent Residence after you get an ITA and finish your application.

It asked if you applied for EE before, and you did, then withdrew. What is the harm in telling the truth?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Not lack of telling the truth, think OP just wanted clarification on the definition :)

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
kryt0n said:
Not lack of telling the truth, think OP just wanted clarification on the definition :)
Exactly ---> thanks @kryt0n

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wasn't implying the OP was planning to lie, only that the course of action seemed clear and that s/he was still reluctant to take it.

Autumn29

Aug 29, 2016
Hi everyone,

I created a 2nd Express Entry profile as my 1st was ineligible, and in the new profile, when they asked "Have you applied for Express Entry before", I answered yes and entered the EE profile number of my previous ineligible profile.

Now, I have received an ITA, and the PR online form asks if I have applied for PR before. I have never gotten any other ITA before this, nor have I applied for PR under any other program, so I would presume I should answer "No". However, this field was pre-filled with "Yes" and my previous EE profile number. I'm not sure now if I should change it to "No", or keep the pre-filled information to stay consistent with my valid profile. Can somebody please advise?

Thanks in advance!

Autumn29

Aug 29, 2016
Hi guys,

Based on a discussion from a different thread, I think it is probably best to answer "No".

From neorol's answer on that other thread, an EE application seems to be equivalent to a PR application, and is not the same as a creating an EE profile. To others creating EE profiles again, I would say answer "No" to "Have you applied for Express Entry before?" if you did not submit a PR application or if you declined an ITA. This is because, once you accept an ITA later on, there is a "Have you applied for PR before?" question in the PR online form, which they pre-fill with your answers from "Have you applied for Express Entry before?" from your EE profile.

Reactions: Praytent

harivsat

Dec 30, 2016
Kumarp said:
Hi guys,

Hi All,

Im in same boat now. Same situation happened with me too. I was about to post my doubt and then found the same problem already posted here. I just created new profile by saying YES to the above question and PDF received. But i didn't receive JOB CODE in that pdf to use in job bank. I'm worried now whether I'm in right track or did any mistake. By this time you would have find the correct way of handling this situation. Please share your views.
Thanks in advance
Hari

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you have submitted e-APR, paid the fees and received AOR your answer to this question is NO.

Creating a profile or getting ITA is not applying.