+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have PR_Need to know the options to give birth my child in India

azharmoh

Jan 5, 2016
Hello,

We are permanent resident for past one year. My wife is expecting and there is no one to take care of her. My parents are old and they can't travel here. I have below queries.

- How to bring my child back to Canada after he is born in India.
- What is the processing time and will there be any complications to get him/her a PR
- If we opt to convert from PR to Citizen will my child be eligible as well?

Appreciate if someone can help in answering above questions.

Thanks

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
azharmoh said:
Hello,

We are permanent resident for past one year. My wife is expecting and there is no one to take care of her. My parents are old and they can't travel here. I have below queries.

- How to bring my child back to Canada after he is born in India.
- What is the processing time and will there be any complications to get him/her a PR
- If we opt to convert from PR to Citizen will my child be eligible as well?

Appreciate if someone can help in answering above questions.

Thanks
1. You will have to get birth certificate and passport for your child in India and then sponsor him/her as a supporting applicant to allow entry to Canada as a PR
2. I believe processing time is very long - around 1 to 2 years for any supporting dependents
3. Yes, I am not sure if the child also has to fulfil the stay requirements (4 year period)

The experts can correct if something above is incorrect. If possible and your situation permits, it might be better to have the child born in Canada, get a Canadian passport asap and then have your wife travel to India. In my opinion, that will be much better and less hassle free

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
karthik2479 said:
1. You will have to get birth certificate and passport for your child in India and then sponsor him/her as a supporting applicant to allow entry to Canada as a PR.
2. I believe processing time is very long - around 1 to 2 years for any supporting dependents
The other option would be to apply and try to get a TRV, once you have got a passport.

3. Yes, I am not sure if the child also has to fulfil the stay requirements (4 year period)

The experts can correct if something above is incorrect. If possible and your situation permits, it might be better to have the child born in Canada, get a Canadian passport asap and then have your wife travel to India. In my opinion, that will be much better and less hassle free

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
azharmoh said:
Hello,

Thanks
I was in the same situation in 2015. We had no one to help us when my wife was pregnant and I had to go to work in Canada. But we made it by planning it properly. We never missed any appointments with doctors. Doctors will guide you about how to take care when you are alone etc. Every night we planned what to do the next day. I tried to help her out with chores and in the kitchen as much as possible. On the day of delivery, She woke me up, told me that "today is the day" and asked me bring her to the hospital at 3AM. I drove her down there and stayed with her till my son was born.

It may look hard to you but have a faith. There is a first time for everything.

azharmoh

Jan 5, 2016
Thanks @Karthik and @can_Indian for the quick response.

"2. I believe processing time is very long - around 1 to 2 years for any supporting dependents" - Just as a back up plan, Can my child come on a visitor visa until PR is processed and what is the probability that Visitor visa will be approved

amritvrk77

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would not recommend to child being born in india.you might get stuck with long processing times on pr where as if your child born in canada will be citizen by birth.i know it is very hard but you know....

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
azharmoh said:
Thanks @Karthik and @can_Indian for the quick response.

"2. I believe processing time is very long - around 1 to 2 years for any supporting dependents" - Just as a back up plan, Can my child come on a visitor visa until PR is processed and what is the probability that Visitor visa will be approved
Yes I don't see any issue in visitor visa being approved especially since it is a minor child.

On the flip side, I too had a daughter in the US born last year and we were in the same situation as you with no family and managed on our own. As someone has advised on the previous post, it is very much possible. It sounds tough but trust me totally worth it and can be done. And you have excellent help and medical facilities - only a matter of the first few days when you have to get used to new way of things. It comes naturally to everyone. Good luck and god bless!

krazykm

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
I have a doubt.

Suppose we are a new immigrant couple with PR. Can our parents come to canada to take care of the mother and baby? a visiting visa or something of that sort?

manojraja

Mar 11, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-05-2016
krazykm said:
I have a doubt.

Suppose we are a new immigrant couple with PR. Can our parents come to canada to take care of the mother and baby? a visiting visa or something of that sort?
I am in a similar situation but on Work Permit. We applied for a visitor VISA for my mother with all the supporting documents that she will be coming for taking care of our year old daughter till the time we get settled. I think most important thing is availability of funds and a proof that she will be returning back to home country.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My suggestion is have the baby in Canada. The child will get Canadian citizenship and you will never have to worry about his / her immigration.

krazykm

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
manojraja said:
I am in a similar situation but on Work Permit. We applied for a visitor VISA for my mother with all the supporting documents that she will be coming for taking care of our year old daughter till the time we get settled. I think most important thing is availability of funds and a proof that she will be returning back to home country.
approximately how much time will it take to process their visiting visa?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
krazykm said:
approximately how much time will it take to process their visiting visa?
Nowadays visitor visa application takes less than a month in India. Processing time varies every month based on the number of applications they get at Immigration Canada office in New Delhi.

Even though you will have PR and strong reason for your baby to apply for TRV, there is a no guarantee that your baby will be approved for visitor visa.

krazykm

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
my question is not about baby.

situation is like this - new PR couple in canada. becomes pregnant after landing. in that case is it possible to apply visitor visa for the wife's parents who are in india? so that they can take care of their daughter during pregnancy and after delivery.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
krazykm said:
my question is not about baby.

situation is like this - new PR couple in canada. becomes pregnant after landing. in that case is it possible to apply visitor visa for the wife's parents who are in india? so that they can take care of their daughter during pregnancy and after delivery.
Application of visitor visa for parents who want to come to Canada to take care of their daughter(in law) during pregnancy is highly likely to get approved. Visa officers assess visitor visa application based on reason(s) for visit and funds. You have strong reason for them to visit, all you need is now funds.

You are pin-pointing on being a NEW PR COUPLE. Let me elaborate on that, even if you had study/work visa and you satisfy those 2 criteria, you will not have any problem getting a visitor visa for your parents or in laws.

Jan 12, 2018
get a letter from physician for proper care of your wife and apply for visitor visa of mother of ur wife...or your own other...or sister of ur wife.