+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have PPR but can't get passport stamped? GATHER HERE!

kat_dog

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Hey all,

Just got my PPR. Applied from India - SDS. Who else has gotten PPR but is unable to get their passport stamped due to VFS being closed?

What do we do if our PPR expires? Is there a chance for refusal?

Anything that you have done to be on the safe side?

Share your thoughts!

mihir9991

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Hey all,

Just got my PPR. Applied from India - SDS. Who else has gotten PPR but is unable to get their passport stamped due to VFS being closed?

Share your thoughts!
Pls. share your profile.... when u submitted file and all

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hey all,

Share your thoughts!
Hello Kat_dog,

This is no issue. IRCC is aware of the pressing issue. For formality, you can raise the webform to advise IRCC about the situation in your home country and the challenges it has posed to you being able to submit your passport as requested.

Wait for their response or if possible, send to a neighbouring or closer country through courier and pay the transmission fees.

Best of Luck

kat_dog

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Hello Kat_dog,

This is no issue. IRCC is aware of the pressing issue. For formality, you can raise the webform to advise IRCC about the situation in your home country and the challenges it has posed to you being able to submit your passport as requested.

Wait for their response or if possible, send to a neighbouring or closer country through courier and pay the transmission fees.

Best of Luck
Isn't sending it to a neighbouring country risky? What if the passport is lost. I think I'll just wait as everyone is saying that they will accept expired BIL and PPRs

Thanks!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes SDS.

Web form for what query?
While nothing stop anyone from raising web querry, but IRCC is aware of the situation regarding vfs closure and applicant with PPT request cant submit their passport for trv. I dont see why raising webforms, for what querry? Or what change of status you want to update? If everyone is raising querry, then it take officers attention instead of dealing with other applicants.

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
My sister got her PPR in April last week. Waiting for VFS to open for passport submission.
Following this thread.