Have I done something wrong in mailing my application

thai/peg

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Winnipeg, Canada and Trang Thailand
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I may be jumping the gun here but:
I sent my application on Friday, priority mail to miss. They said it would arrive before Monday at noon. I tracked my package and it arrived on Sunday. All the tracking says is "item processed at facility" untili today (tuesday) I am worried that this means that I should have sent it fed-ex or courier so that it gets right to there door instead of them having to go pick it up at the post office.
Am I worrying for nothing?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Al.Abed said:
This.

Canada Post can be a little slow sometimes. Mailing, e.g., a regular letter to Sweden can take anything between four and fourteen days. It'll get there... :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
have you sent it to the PO box address? don't worry, it's there, as there in PO boxes do not sight for delivery.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly. It may actually be there -- I'd say it's very likely there -- but just not checked in by CIC as received.

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
I sent my application on a Thursday by Canada post priority/next day by noon.

So Friday I check and nothing. Sat, Sun....nothing. Monday.....nothing. By Tuesday I was having a breakdown!! and still nothing. FINALLY on Wednesday they updated the site to say that they had delivered the package on Monday. I called them and they sent me a cheque in the mail to refund the $20 I paid having it sent lol

Like you the website say it had been processed and then nothing for 5 days after. Canada post suck!

TripleP

May 28, 2009
Hi thai/peg,

I don't think you have anything to worry about. When I sent my application to CPC-M, a very similar thing happened.

Even though I live somewhat close to CPC-M, I used Xpresspost so that I could track the package. It was supposed to arrive at CPC-M on Aug. 5. When tracking my package online, all I would get was the same thing as you - "item processed at facility". When Aug. 6 or Aug. 7 rolled around, I was quite worried and ended up calling Canada Post directly. The person I spoke to couldn't tell me anything more than what was on the website, but she did put a trace on the package to try to ascertain where it was. A few days later (can't remember exactly, but maybe Aug 10), the Canada Post website finally showed that the package was delivered on Aug. 5. Maybe a week after that, Canada Post called me back to tell me the result of the trace (which was basically irrelevant at that point, because I already knew it had been delivered).

Long story short - you're package has probably been delivered, but Canada Post's online system isn't properly updated sometimes.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
thai/peg said:
Is there another way to check that CIC has recieved it other than tracking it through the post office?
with PO boxes - no. in a few weeks when you status will be updated on-line you will get the proof