+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have done an upfront medical exam but received a medical report IMM 1017E

dkdlkang33

Oct 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

My parent has submitted a super visa application with an upfront medical exam results. The medical centre she visited provided a UMI number and the e-medical sheet, which were provided on the visa application.

The application was submitted in December 2022, and for a few months, due to confusion, we thought we can't see the application or its status. It looks like we were logging into another portal, not where the application was submitted (GCKey vs. IRCC portal). It took a long time to figure this out. We submitted a few inquiries under 'technical difficulty' and each reply took 3-4 weeks. When an agent was finally able to address the confusion and let us know where to log in from, it was late May 2023. And then, we noticed that a medical report was provided in January 2023, asking to take a medical exam within 30 days.

I've read some posts and threads which suggest that doing an upfront medical exam can result in this kind of issue because IRCC needs to link the results manually to the application which can take weeks. As suggested on the forum, I've submitted technical difficulty inquiries via the IRCC webform and submitted forms to the Manila visa office where the application is being processed. This was May 31st and June 1st. It's been over 30 days, and we haven't been replied. I am not sure what is the best course of action is now for my parent. Should they submit more inquiries and wait for a reply or just retake the medical exam with the provided medical report (IMM 1017E)?

To summarize, the upfront medical exam was done in December, and the medical report was provided in January, and we weren't aware of this report until May. We've submitted inquiries to ask what to do and to link the upfront medical exam results to the super visa application, but haven't been replied for over a month.

It's now July. It's totally fine to do the medical exam again with the IME number, but I am worried since it's well past the 30 days period since the medical report was provided.

I desperately need some advice and help.

Thanks in advance.