+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have been waiting for PPR for a year!

dsdsdscdscad

Jun 3, 2018
Dear All,

I can't express how frustrated I am right now. I applied for PR through express entry (outland) on july 15, 2018. My eligibility , criminality , and medical have passed and I'm now stucked in background check/ security screening. My case is in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I heard it always takes lot more time if your case is in Sydney.

I called to IRCC millions of time and it turns out it's wasting time and money because I always get response like " your account profile looks good and we will let you know if there's an update". However, it's already been a year since AOR, I still haven't got any from them. I have to say their slow processing greatly disturbs my future plan.

My medical will expire in three days. As far as I know, they are still working on the security screening. The process time seem endless. I wonder is there any way I do to expedite them? Do I need to hire a local lawyer to negotiate with the government because its said that they have to make a decision in a year?

I can share my timeline here:
AOR: July 15, 2018
IP2: August 20,2018
Additional document Request(CV): Sep 6 ,2018
Security screening: Oct 18, 2018

Please let me know if you have any advice..I appreciate your help!!

Thank you!

Last edited:

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
No such thing as a one year deadline. If you are indeed stuck in security screening, it can take longer than that. Security screening is conducted by other government agencies such as CSIS and CBSA.

Last resort you can go for Mandamus.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Dear All,

I can't express how frustrated I am right now. I applied for PR through express entry (outland) on july 15, 2018. My eligibility , criminality , and medical have passed and I'm now stucked in background check/ security screening. My case is in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I heard it always takes lot more time if your case is in Sydney.

I called to IRCC millions of time and it turns out it's wasting time and money because I always get response like " your account profile looks good and we will let you know if there's an update". However, it's already been a year since AOR, I still haven't got any from them. I have to say their slow processing greatly disturbs my future plan.

My medical will expire in three days. As far as I know, they are still working on the security screening. The process time seem endless. I wonder is there any way I do to expedite them? Do I need to hire a local lawyer to negotiate with the government because its said that they have to make a decision in a year?

I can share my timeline here:
AOR: July 15, 2018
IP2: August 20,2018
Additional document Request(CV): Sep 6 ,2018
Security screening: Oct 18, 2018

Please let me know if you have any advice..I appreciate your help!!

Thank you!
Did your order your GCMS notes?

dsdsdscdscad

Jun 3, 2018
No such thing as a one year deadline. If you are indeed stuck in security screening, it can take longer than that. Security screening is conducted by other government agencies such as CSIS and CBSA.

Last resort you can go for Mandamus.
yes, i am. i think i need to find a lawyer to deal with IRCC

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
I know the frustration, my application took almost 15 months to be approved as I have also lost exactly 5 months and 15 days in security screening after my eligibility was passed. 1 year is a rather too short timeframe to appoint a lawyer in my view. Besides, there is no such commitment from IRCC to ascertain that the applications would get processed within one year or within any specific timeframe whatsoever. Just keep in mind that if you have not been rejected within one year following your AOR, this is not a bad sign either. Specifically, passing all others except the security is a good implication in the sense that your application will eventually be approved unless you have any security related issues.

Did you order your gcms (or cbse) notes? Basically do you know since when you have been in security screening? Did you give biometrics with your application? Please feed us with some more information in order to have a better glimpse of the situation. Regards.

Last edited: