+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have been out of CA once but no CBSA stamp in Passport, Leon plz advise..

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

Since our landing here, in 2011,my husband went outside of Canada (not U.S.) once for 27 days.But,unfortunately his passport was not stamped by CBSA authorities neither for the entry nor for the exit.I do have his boarding pass for his return flight but not for the departure flight.Obviously he is going to declare this trip at the time of his application.Now my question is that although his passport was not stamped ,still there is a strong possibility that his entry/exit would have been recorded in CBSA records or should we try to get some conclusive evidence i.e. airline records ,ourselves to prove that he was out of country only for 27 days.Besides ,we have many evidences to prove that he has been living here for the rest of the period such as his paystubs for the last 2 years (almost from the day of landing),tax returns,T4s,letter from his employer etc etc

Kindly advise .Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Hi, you should not worry at all. Just mention his trip in application with explanation of the reason.
CBSA definitely has it on file and with new forms and the consent given they will definitely be able to trace and proove it. You can definitely include all the t4 and his option C printouts to your application if you'd like for an extra proof.
Do not worry at all. Everything will be just fine.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Suin said:
Hi, you should not worry at all. Just mention his trip in application with explanation of the reason.
CBSA definitely has it on file and with new forms and the consent given they will definitely be able to trace and proove it. You can definitely include all the t4 and his option C printouts to your application if you'd like for an extra proof.
Do not worry at all. Everything will be just fine.
Thank you so much Suin for your advice and support.

I hope CBSA will have his trip recorded in their records but as per CIC the onus of proving one s physical presence in Canada lies on the applicant ,just need to make sure we could have (and may be submit) all supporting docs. to prove his return to Canada.

Any other suggestions will be also welcomed!

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some people here have asked for a CBSA report about exits and enterings to country. I am not sure how to apply for it, though.

I also was missing some stamps for arriving to another country from Canada. So I printed my airline ticket for trips that showed the dates when I arrived to that other country.

Then I was missing a stamp for entering Canada at a land border. For that, I found my bank stub and credit card bill from that time, that showed that I did payments in Canada the day after my arrival back.

They never asked about them, but I was prepared in case they would.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Nordicgirl said:
Some people here have asked for a CBSA report about exits and enterings to country. I am not sure how to apply for it, though.

I also was missing some stamps for arriving to another country from Canada. So I printed my airline ticket for trips that showed the dates when I arrived to that other country.

Then I was missing a stamp for entering Canada at a land border. For that, I found my bank stub and credit card bill from that time, that showed that I did payments in Canada the day after my arrival back.

They never asked about them, but I was prepared in case they would.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Yeah, I am of the same view.I understand they might never ask us to prove ,but its always better to be prepared.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
They do always scan passport and PR on the way in or out of the coutry. For example in my case, I travelled twice and they have not stamped my passport in both cases - neither on my way out nor on my coming back. But both times they did ask me for my PR card and scanned my passport through their scanner.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Suin said:
They do always scan passport and PR on the way in or out of the coutry. For example in my case, I travelled twice and they have not stamped my passport in both cases - neither on my way out nor on my coming back. But both times they did ask me for my PR card and scanned my passport through their scanner.
Thank you so much Suin, once again.

Your help and advice is highly appreciated.

rq2013

May 17, 2013
My PR card was not scanned on my return to Canada. My CBSA report is missing a trip to the USA (by car). Make sure you go through all your passport pages and list your absences. A a supporting document, I had a excel sheet to show list my absences and referenced each of one them to a page in my passport. You do not always get a stamp when you get into the USA, especially if your I-94 is still valid. You have to be very thorough and look for any bit of information that could help. In my case, I had stamp getting in the USA (on a sunday), CBSA did not report me getting back to Canada (on the same sunday); hence I showed that I withdrew some money at my workplace's ATM the following monday. I got the information from my bank statement and highlighted it. Highlight as much as you can and put sticker as well. Like lawyers do. Otherwise, I don't even imagine what those officers could endure going through all those documents.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I think the most important thing ABOVE ALL when applying is to demonstrate the presence of 1095 + days very strongly with conclusive proof of passport stamps, receipts, credit card statements etc. Anything else comes next.

The Excel/spreadsheet idea referring back to the passport page is a great way to reduce the burden on the officer who is constantly reviewing so many documents (put them in a good mood and they will also respect and appreciate you the applicant - for thinking of them and making it easy for them...so they in turn can make it easy for you....win-win :) :)).