+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have a job offer, where do I go from here?

Kevind

Aug 30, 2016
Hi everyone,
I am in need of some guidance. I am a professional brewer and a US citizen with a job offer from a brewery in Quebec. No paperwork about the job or offer has been submitted yet. It is basically at a state where the brewery has told me "we really want to hire you and will do everything we can to get you here.". I very much want to accept the position. I am well qualified and have worked collaboratively with this particular brewery before. We know each other, enjoy working together, and are very much on the same page about the direction they want to take their brewery, which are reasons why they want to hire me specifically. If all goes according to plan, I plan to live in Vermont and commute over the border into Quebec for work. Myself and the brewery have agreed to try to make this move happen around March of 2017. So my questions are:

1) Is it legally feasible for me to work for this brewery?
2) What specific work papers and or visas will I need to apply for as a skilled trade worker who will be working professionally in Quebec, but residing in Vermont, USA?
3) Would the brewery need to apply for any permits, such as a LMIA? Anything else?
4) Does my specific set of trade skills and relationship with the brewery work to my advantage in any way to make this all possible?
5) When would be the best time to apply for these permits/is it ever too early to apply?

Thanks in advance. Have been researching a lot, but couldn't find much information that applied to my specific situation.