Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hello! does anyone get news lately on their account???
We are in the same boat as Mike 1977. File stuck in POS. Our bring forward date was August 1st so hopefully this month they will open our file again. I did hear that they were hoping to open some services again in the Canadian Embassy in Havana by September but with new cases on the rise and Havana going back into lockdown I am sure that is going to be delayed...again. Sigh.

Reactions: Osmel86

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
We are in the same boat as Mike 1977. File stuck in POS. Our bring forward date was August 1st so hopefully this month they will open our file again. I did hear that they were hoping to open some services again in the Canadian Embassy in Havana by September but with new cases on the rise and Havana going back into lockdown I am sure that is going to be delayed...again. Sigh.
Yes, Havana is back on phase 0 and this is what will delay more the steps...I passed my interview on February and got an email from Mexico a month ago that Port of Spain is who must finished my process so no more than waiting

Reactions: laleona

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
This is the message I got from POS just now:

7:43 AM (57 minutes ago)
to me
Good day:

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we wish to advise you that we are still operating at a reduced capacity. This is resulting in the delay of the processing of our applications.

We have noted your enquiry and will seek to provide you with the appropriate response in the shortest possible time.

We thank you for your patience in these difficult times.

Regards,

Migration Unit/Service de Migration
IRCC
P.O. Box/C.P. 565
3-3A Sweet Briar Road, St. Clair
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
It may be worth noting that Otaola in Miami reports through his contacts in Cuba that the country will not reopen until April of next year.

While this is far from official news, he tends to get his news correct from Cuban government sources. His YouTube show merits watching - for those who speak Spanish :cool:

• Sad
Reactions: laleona

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
It may be worth noting that Otaola in Miami reports through his contacts in Cuba that the country will not reopen until April of next year.

While this is far from official news, he tends to get his news correct from Cuban government sources. His YouTube show merits watching - for those who speak Spanish :cool:
Do you mean Cuba or Trinidad and Tobago?
I think they will still have repatriation flights from time to time. Fingers crossed.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
I mean Cuba. One can hope for repatriation flights from there to Canada in the future but I doubt our government has Cuba as a priority for much of anything.

Interestingly Air Transat is accepting bookings to Cuba from Canada in November but I imagine that is just a business policy to generate cash flow. I doubt there will be flights this year although the future can’t really be predicted.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Has anyone had any news about biometrics or passport pick up in Havana lately? Just curious - and trying to keep this thread alive!

Reactions: Osmel86

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
Could you share your time line?
Mine
AOR1: 2019 Oct 1st
Biometric done: 2019/ Dec/4
Medical approved: 2019/ Dec/16
Transferred to Mexico VO: 2020/ Feb
No news since then. I would apresiate any information.
I am PA. I am from Puerto Padre.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
AOR 1: Jan 21, 2019 (submitted October 4th, 2018 - so we have passed the 2 year mark)
Transferred to Missisauga: Jan 23, 2019
Transferred to Mexico: June 2019
Medicals: August 22 (or thereabout), 2019
Notice of Interview: Oct 4, 2019
Transferred to Port of Spain: Jan 2020
Interview scheduled: Feb 12, 2020
Interview cancelled (COVID): March 15, 2020
Criminal checks resubmitted: August 2020

Applicant: Cuba|
No news really since March 2020

Reactions: Lynsita

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
AOR 1: Jan 21, 2019 (submitted October 4th, 2018 - so we have passed the 2 year mark)
Transferred to Missisauga: Jan 23, 2019
Transferred to Mexico: June 2019
Medicals: August 22 (or thereabout), 2019
Notice of Interview: Oct 4, 2019
Transferred to Port of Spain: Jan 2020
Interview scheduled: Feb 12, 2020
Interview cancelled (COVID): March 15, 2020
Criminal checks resubmitted: August 2020

Applicant: Cuba|
No news really since March 2020
Thank you very much for answering.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Has anyone had any news about biometrics or passport pick up in Havana lately? Just curious - and trying to keep this thread alive!
Well, I got yesterday an email from TT asking me to send them by mail 2 visa pictures, a photocopy of my passport and a copy of the letter attached to the email they sent me...but, the thing is how I will send them that from Cuba. Why it´s still making it so much complicated than what it already is...they told me they need that to complete my application..I hope Havana finally opens because this is alreay too much

Reactions: Lynsita and laleona

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Well, I got yesterday an email from TT asking me to send them by mail 2 visa pictures, a photocopy of my passport and a copy of the letter attached to the email they sent me...but, the thing is how I will send them that from Cuba. Why it´s still making it so much complicated than what it already is...they told me they need that to complete my application..I hope Havana finally opens because this is alreay too much
Al menos es algo! Felicidades! Pero estoy en acuerdo - si ya puedes lograr la visa...por que no en la habana?

Reactions: Lynsita and Osmel86