+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

YHYY

Aug 10, 2014
Ferengi said:
On Thursday.
Hello,

How was the interview? My husband was given an interview for July 27th but he doesn't have his passport yet so we had to reschedule. Can anyone help us with the type of questions they ask during the interview? How in depth are they? How detailed should the answers be?

Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

:)

buzatti

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2016
Interview........
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2016
LANDED..........
15-10-2016
For the interview we have been asked to bring, among other documents:
"Sponsor`s entries and exits records – please note that this document could be requested at immigration offices in Cuba."

Does anyone know how long does it take to obtain these papers?

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Pink Flowers said:
Danielareina and Ferenji or anyone else with a recent visa issue.

Let me know when you get an email for your spouses from immigration for visa issue and how long did it take from the time of the interview until that email. How long after did your spouses pick up visa from havana. I am trying to figure out if my husband will be coming back with me early September since he has his interview August 4th.

Thank you
Pink Flowers

Hey Pink Flowers!
Honestly, I wish I could say that visas are generally issued between x and y dates, but it would be pure speculation. I know that some people have been issued visas on the same day in the past, but others..it's been months. I know that Galano's husband had his interview in January (I think), but they never heard until near the end of March (a denial). I've heard that if you're denied, you'll hear within a week, but Galano didn't hear for much longer. It seems to be all over the map.

It is certainly a test and a waiting game - do I spend money going to visit when he might get a visa in 2 weeks? Certainly, if you've got the money and the time, go for it! If not…gulp! It's a really difficult decision!

I wish I had more wisdom...

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
buzatti said:
For the interview we have been asked to bring, among other documents:
"Sponsor`s entries and exits records – please note that this document could be requested at immigration offices in Cuba."

Does anyone know how long does it take to obtain these papers?

They made the same request for me. I sent the embassy an email asking for clarification, but didn't hear anything. I believe that it is photos of your passport with the entry and exit stamps. I never heard that it was insufficient (yet), so I assume that this is what they were looking for.

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
YHYY said:
Hello,

How was the interview? My husband was given an interview for July 27th but he doesn't have his passport yet so we had to reschedule. Can anyone help us with the type of questions they ask during the interview? How in depth are they? How detailed should the answers be?

Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

:)

The interview was nerve-wracking! The more specific and detailed info you can give - the better. If there is a story to go along with an answer - even better. Questions included: Where did your spouse grow up? Where does your spouse live now? Where will you live when you move to Canada? What is your spouses's parents names? Siblings? Who came to your wedding? When is your spouse's birthday? When did you meet? How did you meet? How many times has your spouse come to visit you? What did you do for each visit? Where did you stay? Has your spouse met your family? Has your spouse met your children? Does your spouse have children? How many? What are their names? Ages?

Hope this helps!

patienceiskey

May 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
16-01-2016
On Wednesday July13, we were asked to submit updated documents without an appointment or interview date. On Wednesday July 20, we were informed we have an interview scheduled for August 11. I want to be excited but I am so nervous. They asked for proof of exit and entry into Cuba so I will send my husband with my previous travel documents and a photocopy of all the stamps in my passport (which only has Cuba stamps in it). I really hope everyone is doing well. :)

lienocka17

Jul 24, 2016
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
09-01-2018
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
Hello everyone!

If anyone needs help with paperwork and is from Toronto - let me know! I've helped a few ppl and done my husbands along with a few TRV's for his family! One was approved fairly quick after he got here!

He's been here about a year and a half and we are expecting a little italcuban nugget- IN A FEW SHORT MONTHS...

anyways.... i Can help just PM me if you need anything...

I can also set you up if your getting married with forms and instructions of what you need to get done! :)

thanks!!
D
Hey Mrs.DoryBaby
I would really like your help! If you can email me at lenkavpsychology@gmail.com that would be great! thanks! your contact info is hidden

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Hi everyone!

Just a late update....on July 18th both husband and I received email letting us know he has to be in Havana on July 27th with two pictures and passport :p :p :p Arghhhhhhh!! The moment we all wait for and then suddenly it hits 'Oh Fu%k!'.

We have been running around to get stuff ready including the annoying PORROGA. He will be arriving August 6th to many open arms of our friends and family.

Hope everyone gets the news they are waiting for and has a great week!

MrsVC

Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-08-2015
File Transfer...
02-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Interview........
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Congratulations to everyone getting visas!
So exciting to see Havana moving in the right direction.
Hubby and I are moving into our condo this week! The official new start. He has been here for 2 months. It's going really well. I booked him a surprise visit home for his daughter's birthday in November. He is over the moon.
Good luck to all those with upcoming interviews.

Pink Flowers

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
File Transfer...
Sent March 21, 2016 , started process in Havana April 6, 2016
Med's Done....
October 25, 2015, new criminal check handed in Sept 13th 2016
Interview........
August 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
September 28, 2016
LANDED..........
October 5, 2016
Praying for our interview to be waived as well. If not husband is prepared for the interview. Has anyone who had an interview for the month of June or July receive any update on their visa?

Pink Flowers

danielareina

Dec 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11-2015
AOR Received.
November 11-2015
File Transfer...
December 8-2015
Med's Done....
June 20-2015
Interview........
June 15-2016
Passport Req..
August 10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 10-2016
LANDED..........
August 17-2016
Hi there all

Well we had interview June 15 9am and took us 5 weeks to hear back and we require another police check which we had and he dropped it off last Friday we emailed Havana to see if they have received and they have not responded to our email so now another waiting game.

More waiting I can't believe this process we will be a year since submitting in 1 month.

I'll let you guys know of course when we know :(

buzatti

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2016
Interview........
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2016
LANDED..........
15-10-2016
Did any of you create a CIC account and then link it to your paper sponsorship application? Just curious if there is any information, especially for those who already had an interview, waiting for the decision.

honeyland

Jul 29, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4 2016
Doc's Request.
None
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Mar 11, 2016
Med's Request
Mar 30, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun 16, 2016
Interview........
July 27, 2016
Passport Req..
Sept 28, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 5th 2016 :D
LANDED..........
Right on my birthday!
Hello everyone, it's been really good to hear your stories, thank you so much. I want to add mine as well.
My wife and I are both Cubans. We married September 15, 2015. My pastor and two more friends from Canada came to Cuba to help with our wedding, reception, etc... Our first child was born June 3rd 2016. We submitted our application February 4th 2016 to the Canadian Embassy in Havana. My wife had her medical check except the X Ray for being pregnant, so right after giving birth to our son, they both completed the medical exam. My wife's pending X Ray and my baby a full medical check. I got an email of what we should include and update after the birth of our baby, as well as to get a passport for him, birth certificate, and of course the medical check. After that my wife was asked to come for an interview for the 27 of July 2016 9am. The fact that we have a baby was a very strong evidence for the person who interviewed my wife. At the interview my wife was told everything was fine, but they do not have yet the results of the Medical Check. She was told that Medical Check comes to Canada, then the results are sent back to Cuba and that this can take from 3 to 5 months. My wife was devastated in that moment as she expects to get the visa on the same day of the interview. The person who did the interview said that on her part everything was good but she is not the one who makes the final decision. This made my wife even more nervous and scared. Do you any of you have an advice or opinion for us? Really appreciated. Thank you.

danielareina

Dec 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11-2015
AOR Received.
November 11-2015
File Transfer...
December 8-2015
Med's Done....
June 20-2015
Interview........
June 15-2016
Passport Req..
August 10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 10-2016
LANDED..........
August 17-2016
Ok the moment we been waiting for

Hubby email to go to Havana with visa passport fotos Aug 10, 2016

Wooooo still unreal and sureal and shocking but so happy :)

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014