AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
16-01-2016
I'm having a hard time this weekend. I have seen several people denied visas. I know I have said this before but I don't know how CIC can decide who is in a genuine relationship and who is not. And with the questions they ask, if we get one question wrong, are we automatically denied? A million things are running through my head. I know I must try to remain calm but sometimes the wait kills my mind. I pray this next week will be a better week. Not just for me but for all of us.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I think as long as they answer the questions honestly and thoroughly they are safe Following are some questions someone was asked at interview recently. Good Luck.

1 What's my wife name?
2 Wife's occupation?
3 When and where you met your wife?
4 How many children wife has?
5 What is wife's date of birth?
6 How many children i have?
7 Wife's date of birth?
8 When is wife's mother's birthday?
9 Which one is her cellphone number?
(They also asked his ex's cell number and he said he didn't know it by heart, that it was programmed in his cell. They asked for wife's cell phone and he knew it by heart).
10 Why we decided to divorce from the mother of his daughter?
11 Why we decided to get married so soon?
12 If i was knowing that the only way to go to Canada is getting married? **It's very important that you answer NO on this question. There are different ways; work Visa, Visitors Visa, etc...**
13 Which one is my plan when i arrive in Canada?
14 If i have family in Canada.
15 If i have family in the USA.
16 If my father invited to me to go to the USA.
17 How many times he came to Cuba?
18 How is my relationship with him?
19 Could i describe my wife?

danielareina

Dec 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11-2015
AOR Received.
November 11-2015
File Transfer...
December 8-2015
Med's Done....
June 20-2015
Interview........
June 15-2016
Passport Req..
August 10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 10-2016
LANDED..........
August 17-2016
patienceiskey said:
I'm having a hard time this weekend. I have seen several people denied visas. I know I have said this before but I don't know how CIC can decide who is in a genuine relationship and who is not. And with the questions they ask, if we get one question wrong, are we automatically denied? A million things are running through my head. I know I must try to remain calm but sometimes the wait kills my mind. I pray this next week will be a better week. Not just for me but for all of us.
Yes me2 I'm about to hear our final decision and cannot imagine what it would be like if I hear a no

Probably gonna hear this week and just been dying inside omg

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
mama!!! MrsVC- Hang in there.. Enjoy your time together... we sure did! Like i said he's been here a year and 4 months and expecting. We really spent the first year getting to know eachother truly and we are now ready for that next step... ur hubby is suffering... and sometimes he will tell you, and sometimes you will NEVER know how much he truly is dying inside... my husband only know opened up to how hard it was at first, i thought he was great! boy was i wrong!!

take it slow! and before your 40 you will bring a little buddle of joy into the world and it will be the greatest thing... smtimes i look at him in bed and think, wow just a few years ago i was ripping my hair out thinking- we are never getting this visa, and now in a few short months WE WILL BE HAVING A BABY! these are the things we can thank god for!

BUT PATIENCE IS KEY WITH EVERYTHING IN LIFE.

god bless...

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
how many official photos are required
The photos for appendix B

Ap789

Feb 12, 2016
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
File Transfer...
29-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2016
LANDED..........
November 21 2016
Galano1213 said:
8 I believe

buzatti

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2016
Interview........
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2016
LANDED..........
15-10-2016
Galano1213 said:
According to the country (Cuba) specific guide:
"PHOTOS
Provide a set of two (2) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the
instructions in Appendix B, Photo Specifications."

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I was looking at the apendix and thought I had sent 8 the first time and now I see they only want 2 so I wanted to make sure Seemed like it was a big drop from the first one I sent Thanks for the confirmation

Pink Flowers

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
File Transfer...
Sent March 21, 2016 , started process in Havana April 6, 2016
Med's Done....
October 25, 2015, new criminal check handed in Sept 13th 2016
Interview........
August 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
September 28, 2016
LANDED..........
October 5, 2016
So it's been as of today 3 months in Havana and 5 months in total since the application was sent to Mississauga. Still no answer on receiving medical exam as it was sent along with the application. I'm really sad because I did send the application in December 2015 and that time it had been send back to me incomplete and so I resend it in February 2016. I had lost 2 months when I could have been at 5 months in Havana instead of 3. :'( It is so unfair how different application are sent to other countries like the Philippines and they get a response in 6 months but in Havana it is not consistent and so we wait more than we should be waiting. :'( I got married in June 2015 and I have already have had my first wedding anniversary without my husband. :'( :-[

Pink Flowers.

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Pink Flowers said:
So it's been as of today 3 months in Havana and 5 months in total since the application was sent to Mississauga. Still no answer on receiving medical exam as it was sent along with the application. I'm really sad because I did send the application in December 2015 and that time it had been send back to me incomplete and so I resend it in February 2016. I had lost 2 months when I could have been at 5 months in Havana instead of 3. :'( It is so unfair how different application are sent to other countries like the Philippines and they get a response in 6 months but in Havana it is not consistent and so we wait more than we should be waiting. :'( I got married in June 2015 and I have already have had my first wedding anniversary without my husband. :'( :-[

Pink Flowers.

you need to EMAIL THEM in HAVANA asap!! !!!!! that doesnt seem right, at the very least your ECAS should have been updated with minimum info which is the submission date of when the CIC got your application and that your medical was received in HAVANA!! dont sit on this... if docu's got lost you need to find them!!!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I received my "Blue Book" from appeal board yesterday Which is basically a copy of the file I sent to CIC when we filed for Family Sponsorship. I have gone through it and read the notes three times and I am more than surprised that no where is there a written reason for an interview. Havana decides who gets an interview and they did not give a reason for it either. there was clearance on Police security, medical and even at that they asked for 2 more Police certificates and a new medical. I have called IAD office today in Montreal and the person who looks after appeals was off for the day so I will call again on Thursday. I am now wondering if it is a waste of time and money to reapply as I am required to send the same info on an application plus any updates since 2014 or wait the 2.5-3 years for the ADR or IAD . It looks like we were denied the visa solely on the fact that my husband did not elaborate enough when answering the questions asked and that the agent kept saying I was a widow when I met my husband when I was actually divorced as my husband told them. I submitted a copy of my divorce with the application as required and so they knew this.

Pink Flowers

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
August 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
September 28, 2016
LANDED..........
October 5, 2016
Thank you Mrs. Dory Baby for helping.
The first time that I sent the application it was sent back to me because like I said it was incomplete and they also said they were not going to start the process because it was incomplete until I resend it again complete.
They posted from mississauga that they received the application Feb 10th and they sent the correspondence acknowledging receipt of the application on March 15 and they had started the application in mississauga March 14th. Two emails I got from them saying I can be a sponsor and the application was sent to Havana.

In the permanent residence part all it says they received my husband's residence on Feb 10th and it also says they started processing my husband's application April 6th in Havana. No mention about the medical exam which was in a mailing envelope to be protected that said my husband's name and saying medical exam inside mailing envelope and it was with the application together. ???

I have emailed them just now. Note I also made a copy of my husband's medical exam. The original was sent.

I hope they have it or find it. :'( :'( :'(

Thank you

Pink Flowers

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Hi everyone!

Pink Flowers - I agree about calling the embassy. They should have a record of the file. The other option is to send them an email with an attachment containing the medical. You can write that you did send the medical but have noticed that it is not listed on your file. I don't think this would hurt…

Our file landed in Havana on March 31st and I sent one update on March 30th. We got the call for an interview for next week - whoop whoop! They asked him to bring the usual (records of communication), but they also asked for another Schedule A (Background) and "los registros de immigration" - immigration records??? Any ideas??? Is this the entire package that was submitted? It seems odd to me.

Thanks everyone!!

Pink Flowers

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
August 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
September 28, 2016
LANDED..........
October 5, 2016
Mrs Dory Baby and Ferengi

I was wrong about sending the medical exam. What I did send was the upfront medical report saying that this letter confirms that my husband had completed the immigration medical examination. There is information of my husband plus the physician name and dated plus LMI no: etc and so forth. The physician should have sent the medical exam to the immigration but I sent the medical exam report in with the application.

Pink Flowers

Pink Flowers

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
August 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
September 28, 2016
LANDED..........
October 5, 2016
Ferengi said:
Hi everyone!

Pink Flowers - I agree about calling the embassy. They should have a record of the file. The other option is to send them an email with an attachment containing the medical. You can write that you did send the medical but have noticed that it is not listed on your file. I don't think this would hurt…

Our file landed in Havana on March 31st and I sent one update on March 30th. We got the call for an interview for next week - whoop whoop! They asked him to bring the usual (records of communication), but they also asked for another Schedule A (Background) and "los registros de immigration" - immigration records??? Any ideas??? Is this the entire package that was submitted? It seems odd to me.

Thanks everyone!!
OMG congratulations on getting the interview already. Things are moving along well for you. Definitely a woop woop!! As for what they are asking I don't know. That is very odd to me too. Hopefully someone on here will know what is immigration talking about now. ???