App. Filed.......
January 2016
AOR Received.
April 14 2016
File Transfer...
April 19 2016
Med's Done....
January 2016
Hi everyone! Last week I know of a girl that submitted in early April and was approved. The wait for her was less than 3 months. I know it sucks for those waiting but I can say I'm truly excited because it means Havana is moving and 1 less app for that case officer to review.
Keep strong everyone! And I'm a she not a he :)

April Ladies ❤❤❤

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Tika85 said:
Hi everyone! Last week I know of a girl that submitted in early April and was approved. The wait for her was less than 3 months. I know it sucks for those waiting but I can say I'm truly excited because it means Havana is moving and 1 less app for that case officer to review.

April Ladies ❤❤❤

That is super exciting! Thanks for letting us know!

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Tika85 said:

April Ladies ❤❤❤

Hey Tika,
I sent a couple of PM. Did you receive them?
Cheers!

Tika85

Feb 22, 2016
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2016
AOR Received.
April 14 2016
File Transfer...
April 19 2016
Med's Done....
January 2016
Ferengi said:
Hey Tika,
I sent a couple of PM. Did you receive them?
Cheers!
Yes I did! I responded :p

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Tika85 said:
Yes I did! I responded :p

We are like two ships passing in the night…I didn't get your message and now when I try to message again…it says your inbox is full - ha ha! ;D I'll delete my inbox (maybe it was too full too?).
Cheers!
a.

girl1973

Mar 29, 2015
Hello, wanted to give a quick update. After 17 months of waiting and with no interview my husband received his visa last Wednesday and arrived in Toronto on Friday!! It goes to show no file is alike, we have have no idea why we waited so long....one thing we did do is that some ppl feel is a no no is send in proof every few months. Good luck to everyone waiting and pls don't think you are in the interview pile if you are waiting longer than most unless you have been notified.

Tika85

Feb 22, 2016
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2016
AOR Received.
April 14 2016
File Transfer...
April 19 2016
Med's Done....
January 2016
Ferengi said:
We are like two ships passing in the night…I didn't get your message and now when I try to message again…it says your inbox is full - ha ha! ;D I'll delete my inbox (maybe it was too full too?).
Cheers!
a.
I deleted my inbox and sent you another one. Let me know....

Tika85

Feb 22, 2016
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2016
AOR Received.
April 14 2016
File Transfer...
April 19 2016
Med's Done....
January 2016
girl1973 said:
Hello, wanted to give a quick update. After 17 months of waiting and with no interview my husband received his visa last Wednesday and arrived in Toronto on Friday!! It goes to show no file is alike, we have have no idea why we waited so long....one thing we did do is that some ppl feel is a no no is send in proof every few months. Good luck to everyone waiting and pls don't think you are in the interview pile if you are waiting longer than most unless you have been notified.
Congratulations and I wish you and your husband all the best!
Hoping you could answer a few questions-

Did you get your MP involved?
Do you think sending in the proofs did not help?
When you submitted, was the application complete- or was there any missing documents or information required?
Did they extend Medical?

Thank you.

girl1973

Mar 29, 2015
Tika85 said:
Congratulations and I wish you and your husband all the best!
Hoping you could answer a few questions-

Did you get your MP involved?
Do you think sending in the proofs did not help?
When you submitted, was the application complete- or was there any missing documents or information required?
Did they extend Medical?

Thank you.

I asked my MP to check back in February and he was useless, in May my mother contacted her MP and she was fantastic.
I don't really know if the proof helped but at 17 months they didn't ask for any!
We had to redo his schedule A, police check and some forms about his children.
Medicals were extended for another year.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I wonder if my husband's daughter who is 27 years old married and has a 2 year old daughter does she have to fill her own form IMM 5406 (09-2013) She of course will not be able to come to Canada with my husband now as she is over 25 however we want to make sure both might be able to come for a visit. They are not dependents.

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
I question posed to me by our friend still awaiting decision on his wife. Once she is living in Canada can she visit the USA? We live just a ferry ride from Washington and he has some friends there. Will it change anything with the fact that her brother in law has landed sometime in the last year as a Wet Foot Dry Foot Cuban into the USA. Will that make it harder for her to get into the USA or does it not change anything. Thanks for any insight. he is having a hard time with the wait. Her interview was in early January she was required to get a Venezuelan police check and a new letter from her ex so she can bring her daughter here, the first one he signed only said visit not immigrate now they have the right kind of letter written, these were sent in the middle of April. Any idea how much longer their wait could be?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
If she has a Venezuelan passport or a Cuban passport she requires a visa to visit the USA. If she has a Canadian passport no visa is required .The fact that she has a Cuban brother in the USA should make no difference as long as she shows a lot of ties to Canada. Look at the US website for information on visitor visa to the USA for information.

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
galano, thank you. I did think she would need a Visa as yes she hold a Cuban passport. I was not sure if needing a visa and having family in the US would change anything. would a Cuban be able to get a visitor visa for the US? I know things have changed in the last year or so in regards to the two countries relationship but is it much easier to get a visa yet or still rather hard? Does it help that she would be living in Canada when she seeks a visa?

buzatti

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2016
Interview........
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2016
LANDED..........
15-10-2016
Galano1213 said:
I wonder if my husband's daughter who is 27 years old married and has a 2 year old daughter does she have to fill her own form IMM 5406 (09-2013) She of course will not be able to come to Canada with my husband now as she is over 25 however we want to make sure both might be able to come for a visit. They are not dependents.
This is what I read on the form: "The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner (if applicable), and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form."
So, my understanding is that your husband's daughter does not have to fill her own form. You said "They are not dependents.".

Then the guide says:

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
Who needs to fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:

You, as the principal applicant,
Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I read the same thing it is a bit ambiguous. so I wanted to make sure as I do not want to delay the process