Interview........
June 15-2016
Passport Req..
August 10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 10-2016
LANDED..........
August 17-2016
No they looked at his passport never took it I hope that will be OK for medical as it is so close they told us next week or week after they might pull it through they did automatically for another person on here waiting longer than us so hopefully
My nerves are dying now lol

Pink Flowers

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
File Transfer...
Sent March 21, 2016 , started process in Havana April 6, 2016
Med's Done....
October 25, 2015, new criminal check handed in Sept 13th 2016
Interview........
August 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
September 28, 2016
LANDED..........
October 5, 2016
patienceiskey said:
Pink Flower, it looks like you have the same timeline as Tika and myself. Tika hasn't posted on here but messaged me and said she/he sent the application in Feb and received the letter of acceptance to sponsor in April. It will be nice for the three of us to follow each other and see how we all progress. Stay positive :) Another few months is just a drop in the bucket when we get to spend the rest of our lives with the one we love.

A few more months and than we will have our loved ones. I think there is another person on here who has also sent their application around the same time as us. This wait is so hard on the both of us. The application had been sent Feb 10 and than I had received a acceptance letter to sponsor in March 21 and papers were sent to Havana. Havana has put up they started to process the application on April 6th. Still nothing said about the medical exam received that was sent in the application. Still waiting.....

patienceiskey

May 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
16-01-2016
Here is hoping someone gets some good news this week.

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
MrsVC said:
Hey everyone...so it's been 3 weeks since husband has been in Canada. He got a job a week after he got here. The transition has been smooth for the most part but certainly had a few bumps along the way. He is adjusting well but still misses his family. I am sure that will get better with time. We are moving into a condo for Aug 1st (currently residing at my parents) but so far so good. I hope all of you hear soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I will certainly help anyone that I can.
Congrats Mrs.VC!!!

Great to hear hubby is doing well- and you guys are moving out of the inlaws place! This will help the transition even more!! They are so much happier when its just woman and man building smthg together! :)

Its the greatest prize at the end of the day for all we go through being in long distance relationships! Working hard once they are here is key! But sounds like your on track! God bless you Both!

hUBBY has been here just over a year and we are expecting our first! There are alot of horror stories... but MANY turn out to be true stories of LOVE and DETERMINATION! I wish that for you and hubby! All the best!

Dee

buzatti

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2016
Interview........
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2016
LANDED..........
15-10-2016
How did you contact the Canadian visa office in Havana? Did you use the case specific form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp) or did you use an email address (Havana-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca)?

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
Hello,
Hope all is well! Question about the marriage certificate. I had to leave Cuba without it and my husband is mailing it to me. He has had it translated and notarized in Havana. What am I meant to do when it arrives to Canada? Does it need to be registered or recorded in canada before sending the application? If so, where? Also does it need to be notarized in Canada too?
Thanks in advance :D

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
your marriage is legal in Canada as soon as you marry in Cuba You may want to call Canada Revenue and tell them you are married for your option "C" form. You can Call cic call centre to see if the translation is valid in Canada however I don't see that being an issue.

frankmarcello

Jun 10, 2016
what does it mean I asked embassy about police check..file has been in Havana since March 31st for my wife..and they emailed me saying you file has been recently received by our office and is waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. I'M wondering why they haven't even started to look at it?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
The time line for Havana is 15 months from start to finish Some get through quicker some do not. so you have to wait patiently. There is a backlog and they do those files first.

danielareina

Dec 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11-2015
AOR Received.
November 11-2015
File Transfer...
December 8-2015
Med's Done....
June 20-2015
Interview........
June 15-2016
Passport Req..
August 10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 10-2016
LANDED..........
August 17-2016
Definitely

Patience unfortuntatly is required and needed for this process it's so hard I'm waiting since Sept and now last couple weeks for our final answer and Canada to sign off on it and trying to be patient myself but everyday sadder and sadder

Ms.Edwards

Apr 9, 2016
My Husband had his interview today. It was 45 mins in length & he had the pregnant lady interview him. He said she asked lots of intimate questions & lots about any family in the USA.
She said it's up to the Canadian Consulate to make the final decision & it may take 3wks to a month.

We both are even more stressed now.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Just putting together a new application after denial. Trying to write a letter to address reasons for denial. The interviewer stated that my husbands answers were vague (means unclear or not enough detail or information.) Not sure what I can say regarding this reason. He is always short and to the point when he answers any questions I ask him so I gather he was most likely the same in the interview. Any ideas ?

I have letters to and from my husband since 2010-2013 however Havana kept everything from 2013-2016 which was handed for extra proof at interview. So now having do a new application as we received a denial . We do not have internet as it is not available to my husband so no proof of chatting. We have phone bills from my phone to his. E-tranfers of money. Trips every few months to Cuba. Pictures taken in Cuba of us showing me doing his laundry,him making meals and me doing dishes. Pictures of wedding receipts and pictures of us on our Honeymoon. Real life LOL. We have been married since Sept 2013 and have known each other since 2010. Letters of support from My Mother who has met my husband as well as my sister and her husband both have met him as well and a friend who knows me but has not met my husband. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

patienceiskey

May 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
16-01-2016
Hi everyone. I just wanted to wish you all a great week and hope for good things to happen to at least one of you.

danielareina

Dec 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11-2015
AOR Received.
November 11-2015
File Transfer...
December 8-2015
Med's Done....
June 20-2015
Interview........
June 15-2016
Passport Req..
August 10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 10-2016
LANDED..........
August 17-2016
Thanks hun :) we are 12 days after interview so waiting kind of patience but I would love Havana to start doing some work this week :)

MrsVC

Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-08-2015
File Transfer...
02-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Interview........
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
Congrats Mrs.VC!!!

Great to hear hubby is doing well- and you guys are moving out of the inlaws place! This will help the transition even more!! They are so much happier when its just woman and man building smthg together! :)

Its the greatest prize at the end of the day for all we go through being in long distance relationships! Working hard once they are here is key! But sounds like your on track! God bless you Both!

hUBBY has been here just over a year and we are expecting our first! There are alot of horror stories... but MANY turn out to be true stories of LOVE and DETERMINATION! I wish that for you and hubby! All the best!

That Mrs. DoryBaby. One month that he's been here on Saturday. Time seems to flying by. For the most part, he is adjusting well. Just suffering from the separation anxiety of his daughter. I feel helpless in this department. I would like to have one in the future but even at the mere discussion of it, he gets upset as he only has time to think about his daughter right now. I am trying not to feel hurt but can't help it. This is the only thing that I am struggling with at the moment. He says he does want to have a child in the future which is good as I do not want to have one right now at the beginning of his transition. My clock is ticking (I will be 37) and do not want to have any children after 40. So we will see what the next phase has in store for us.
Very excited to get in our own place! July 27th we get the keys!Yay!
I hope all of you hear good news soon. Hang in there. I feel your wait.