+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
Hi all, My friend's wife had her interview back the 4th of January. They told her that she needed to get a police clearance from Venezuela but from what we are hearing they don't give out police clearances. Also she needed her ex husband to give written consent that their child could immigrate permanently with her to Canada, the original letter that was sent only said the child would "Visit". Just this last couple of days she has gotten the letter from her EX and something from Venezuela stating that they don't do clearances and turned them in. It has now been about 2 years since a medical was done but they had not been asked to do another one. My question for our friend is should they do another medical even though it has not been asked for again, remembering it has been at or nearly at 2 years now since one was done. I have seen on here that medicals are only good for 15 months. Also he is thinking she will be approved within the next month or so what is the possibility that this is the case, he would like to plan so I am trying to help him find a timeline that he can expect answers of Approved so he can arrange travel for her and her child here to Canada, he would likely go to Cuba to help them as well. We all know there is still a chance she will not be approved in part due to their huge age difference, over 45 years, but since she was only asked to have the letter from her EX and police clearance they assume she will be approved once they look at her newest documents. How long does this last part usually take? Thanks

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
CMLR,
I wish I could help to answer your question but I'm not 100 % sure about the answer. But I do have a question that I was about to ask everyone on the forum that perhaps you or your friend know the answer to. I'm actually in the same boat regarding a Venezulean police check. I'm marrying a Cuban in a few weeks and he has lived in Venezuela in the past for 11 months. To apply for sponsorship he needs to have a Venezuelan police check for me to include in the application. Like you said, we are also hearing that they don't give out police checks... which is difficult...because we need one...but can't get one. Has your friend figured a way of obtaining one...or if he does find a way could you please share it with me? The same, if we find a way I'll share it with you. Anyone else on here have a Cuban partner who needed a Venezulean police check with some insight?? Thanks:)

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Little castle said:
CMLR,
I wish I could help to answer your question but I'm not 100 % sure about the answer. But I do have a question that I was about to ask everyone on the forum that perhaps you or your friend know the answer to. I'm actually in the same boat regarding a Venezulean police check. I'm marrying a Cuban in a few weeks and he has lived in Venezuela in the past for 11 months. To apply for sponsorship he needs to have a Venezuelan police check for me to include in the application. Like you said, we are also hearing that they don't give out police checks... which is difficult...because we need one...but can't get one. Has your friend figured a way of obtaining one...or if he does find a way could you please share it with me? The same, if we find a way I'll share it with you. Anyone else on here have a Cuban partner who needed a Venezulean police check with some insight?? Thanks:)
Because the rules change so often I would suggest to try ordering in accordance with The below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/venezuela.asp

If the request cannot be submitted through the link above or any other way cic may waive the requirement for pcc if they receive a letter of explanation why it was not obtained together with back up information showing Venezuelan refusal to issue a pcc. But try the link first.

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
Little Castle, From what our friend has said the rules do keep being changed but there is a way to get something from Venezuela that is excepted. It is not a police clearance but a letter of some kind stating they don't do clearances. I think they found that out by talking to the counselut i In Venezuela but I am not sure. His wife was there for a year and I know it was a real problem getting something that CIC would except. I hope someone else can give you specifics that I cannot help you with. Good Luck and my your process be a short one.

Pink Flowers

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
File Transfer...
Sent March 21, 2016 , started process in Havana April 6, 2016
Med's Done....
October 25, 2015, new criminal check handed in Sept 13th 2016
Interview........
August 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
September 28, 2016
LANDED..........
October 5, 2016
pastrj said:
Hi,

Anyone submit sponsorship in February? I'm wondering how long it takes for the Sponsorship to be approved in Mississauga? I saw online it said 57 days...If someone can provide their time line, please let me know.
I submitted on Feb 21.
Hi I submitted sponsorship February 9 2016 and they sent me a letter saying they received it February 10th 2016
Application in mississauga in process March 14 2016
Aknowledgement receipt of application March 15th 2016
Said I can be a sponsor and the papers have been sent out to Havana March 21 2016
Papers already in process in Havana April 6th 2016

Has your application gone any further?

Pink Flowers

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Good afternoon everyone.

My husband got his visa today!!! :) :) :)

We are sooooo happy. As others have mentioned recently, he too was part of the "field trip" for the visa photo along with about 20 others. Lol

Sunday evening he arrives to his new home!!!!

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

V_Gonzalez

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 12/2014
File Transfer...
Mar 11/2015
Interview........
Jan 28/2016
Passport Req..
Feb 26/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2/2016
LANDED..........
Apr 21/2016
Er84 said:
Good afternoon everyone.

My husband got his visa today!!! :) :) :)

We are sooooo happy. As others have mentioned recently, he too was part of the "field trip" for the visa photo along with about 20 others. Lol

Sunday evening he arrives to his new home!!!!

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

:) :-* Very happy for you both!! xoxo

Pink Flowers

Apr 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
File Transfer...
Sent March 21, 2016 , started process in Havana April 6, 2016
Med's Done....
October 25, 2015, new criminal check handed in Sept 13th 2016
Interview........
August 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
September 28, 2016
LANDED..........
October 5, 2016
[quote author=Pink Flowers

[/quote]

amargo

Oct 28, 2015
Hi everyone, my wife had the interview today and she got the visa on the spot. The interview was tough and aggressive but she knows me better than I know myself. We applied on Feb 9, file transferred to Havana on June 9 so we had the interview after exactly 10 months as expected. Tips for getting the visa on the same day: get a new criminal record, bring enough relationship proof to burry them, and ask for interview in English to get a decision maker in the room. Good luck everybody and stop fighting. I used this forum exclusively for hard facts info and it helped us realize that we couldn't expect getting the visa before April. Thank you!

buzatti

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2016
Interview........
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2016
LANDED..........
15-10-2016
amargo said:
Hi everyone, my wife had the interview today and she got the visa on the spot. The interview was tough and aggressive
If you do not mind, can you share some of the questions asked during the interview. If the interview is in Spanish, why the decision maker would not be in the room?

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Hello All,

An update my husband has been here for 1 month!! It's true what i've read on this site, you forget about all of the frustration and waiting right away!! I've reviewed some posts and i see that people are curious about the interview questions. So thought I would share some questions my husband had to answer. 1. where does your wife work 2. How much money does she make. 3. What is her job? 4. Is that a lot of money in Canada? 5. Who does your wife live with? 6.How old is her brother? 7.What are your plans when you arrive in Canada? 8. What about the age difference ( we have 10 years apart).. his response was look at the photos..9. do you have any cuban girls pregnant? 10. when was your last relationship before your wife, what is her name? where is she now? 11. why did you get married so quickly? The entire interview was in spanish, interesting as my husband speaks perfect english. it lasted an hour and he remained calm, just answered the questions. the key is to not let them pull you down the rabbit hole.. My husband prepared 3 books of evidence, one was over 1000 text messages, another all emails, another lists all phone bills and conversations (1000's of minutes) and A TON of photos. Hope this helps you all out! All the best and take care.

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Thought i should also mention... i went to Cuba 8 times last year alone for a total 15 visits in 2 years..this makes a difference. I have heard people mention that they have forgone trips to help with renovations etc. Think twice about this..believe me when i say immigration canada looks for the total amount of time spent together. And although i never had to support my husband financially while he was in Cuba, if i did i would never mention this ( i dont see this as a PRO on an application). Also i did not use a lawyer, i went through and completed all paperwork on my own (nothing was sent back), take your time, use the checklists online and be detailed ( you'll save a ton of cash). :)

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
CONGRATS ER84!!!
Thanks for sharing that Ms.Lolita :D

amargo

Oct 28, 2015
As mslolita said, I went to Cuba at least 7,8 times every year, I never mentioned the financial support, I didn't hire a lawyer, and we provided so much communication proof to write a book. If you asked to have the interview in Spanish, most likely the interviewer will be Cuban, who can only take notes but not make a decision. They asked all the general questions that were mentioned on the forum but also lots of others that were very personal and intrusive. They would ask anything that looks suspicious or has the potential of generating the wrong answer.
Why did you get a passport before getting married?
Why your husband traveled to Panama before coming to Cuba last year?
What do you know about your husband's ex?
Does she like you?
What's her opinion about your relationship?
Did he asked you to be a nanny to his daughter?
Lots of other questions about my daughter, etc.