+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

amargo

Oct 28, 2015
We never got notified about the interview but if you passed the 6 months in Havana, you'll definitely have one. I know that there are a few exceptions but the general rule is 2-4 months for the no interview and exactly 10 months for the interview. If you passed the 10 months with no interview, then you may be one of the special cases that need more time to be clarified. We just can't wait to be over...Good luck to you and everyone else!

aprilpino

Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 10, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 8, 2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
May 18, 2016
LANDED..........
May 28, 2016
We received our notes this morning! There was a little note explaining our relationship, said we looked good together (lol), had continuous communication and blah blah, and recommend interview to be waived!!

The medical is passed, criminality in progress, and security not started.

Are we almost there?!

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Help everyone!!

Just wondering if for the sponsorship approval - do they make you wait until the end of their expected turn around time? Anyone receive sooner?

42 days and waiting- I did receive email confirmation of app received by CIC- nothing else

I haven't heard anything but no news is good news ;-)

amargo

Oct 28, 2015
pastrj, normally the sponsor evaluation takes 45 to 60 days but last year in the spring we had to wait 3 or 4 months. Now it should be back to the old norm...You'll receive an email when its done. Good luck!

Ap789

Feb 12, 2016
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
File Transfer...
29-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2016
LANDED..........
November 21 2016
amargo said:
pastrj, normally the sponsor evaluation takes 45 to 60 days but last year in the spring we had to wait 3 or 4 months. Now it should be back to the old norm...You'll receive an email when its done. Good luck!

According to cic website . Current processing time in Canada is 36 days . a girl I know just received her letter Of approval 27 days after arriving in missasuga

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
I checked online on with my file number. Extremely confused and annoyed.

They acknowledge that app was rec'd February 23 but started the review March 23???? It says "processing"

I don't understand why it would take them 30 days to start working on it when the website says average of 30-40 days as the days change all the time.

Anyone???

Europeo

Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
pastrj said:
I checked online on with my file number. Extremely confused and annoyed.

They acknowledge that app was rec'd February 23 but started the review March 23???? It says "processing"

I don't understand why it would take them 30 days to start working on it when the website says average of 30-40 days as the days change all the time.

Anyone???
oh boy.. deep breaths.. cause if your file hasn't even hit 6 weeks in Mississauga and you're already in panic mode, buckle up, cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride.. so yeah, what amargo said, 45 to 60 in Mississauga is the norm, be patient..

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Europeo said:
oh boy.. deep breaths.. cause if your file hasn't even hit 6 weeks in Mississauga and you're already in panic mode, buckle up, cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride.. so yeah, what amargo said, 45 to 60 in Mississauga is the norm, be patient..
Thank you for your response. I wouldnt describe myself as being in "panic mode', I was looking for anyone else in a similar situation.

I am fully aware of the waiting game and wouldn't have put myself through this if I wasn't able to take 'deep breaths'. The sponsorship here is the only step that is more or less traceable and usually on point. I wanted to know if anyone else had a similar situation, as a lot has changed and online updates on your profile is different than two years ago.

Thanks for the tips and have a great day!

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Europeo said:
Europeo said:
I Think this particular case is cause for questioning, due to the fact that CIC NEVER sent out "confirmation" of UCI emails to their applicants... in any case, nor was the ECAS site EVER updated in the past until your file hits HAVANA... I would have questions too... considering I went through the process just a year ago and NOTHING is the same!

afterall this site is used to ask questions and get answers...

Missisauga is down to under 40 days I heard... so not sure why 60 is normal... when i applied the wait was 47 AND I got my answer on the 47th day... whatever the site says goes... its clock work- they push these things out on the nose!!

For you waiting... this is the craziest rollercoaster you will ever be on.... but its worth it all...

Europeo

Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
Missisauga is down to under 40 days I heard... so not sure why 60 is normal... when i applied the wait was 47 AND I got my answer on the 47th day... whatever the site says goes... its clock work- they push these things out on the nose!!
Hey Dory.. I can appreciate that being the experience you had, but to categorize that, or anything that CIC does as clockwork would be quite glaring review after everything I've lived, seen and heard.

I'll give you an example.. My AOR email, and my file transfer email actually arrived on the same day (with the actual file transfer email arriving 2 hours earlier?!).. it was only by looking at the dates in the text that I could piece together what actually happened, and even then my delay did not match the days being advertised at the time. It didn't go over by much, but it went over. Don't know about you, but my clocks are a lot more accurate.

Then, as you can see by my info, the delays on the Havana end were less than expected. All this to say, that this is a fickle process, and I think if people take the time to read and compare notes of the people that went though it in the past, it could (should?) help manage their expectations, instead of getting 'extremely confused and annoyed' when their expectations are not met on the nose.

I still come back to this board even though I am well removed from the process for over half a year now because I appreciate what the notes from the rest of you did in helping me navigate it all in the early stages, and if I can do the same for someone else, I feel it's only right to do so, but sometimes I feel that people need a reality check as well. Maybe some might interpret this as being overly harsh, so rather than debate semantics, I will take the high road and apologize if anyone's sensitivities were offended.

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Europeo said:
Hey Dory.. I can appreciate that being the experience you had, but to categorize that, or anything that CIC does as clockwork would be quite glaring review after everything I've lived, seen and heard.

I'll give you an example.. My AOR email, and my file transfer email actually arrived on the same day (with the actual file transfer email arriving 2 hours earlier?!).. it was only by looking at the dates in the text that I could piece together what actually happened, and even then my delay did not match the days being advertised at the time. It didn't go over by much, but it went over. Don't know about you, but my clocks are a lot more accurate.

Then, as you can see by my info, the delays on the Havana end were less than expected. All this to say, that this is a fickle process, and I think if people take the time to read and compare notes of the people that went though it in the past, it could (should?) help manage their expectations, instead of getting 'extremely confused and annoyed' when their expectations are not met on the nose.

I still come back to this board even though I am well removed from the process for over half a year now because I appreciate what the notes from the rest of you did in helping me navigate it all in the early stages, and if I can do the same for someone else, I feel it's only right to do so, but sometimes I feel that people need a reality check as well. Maybe some might interpret this as being overly harsh, so rather than debate semantics, I will take the high road and apologize if anyone's sensitivities were offended.
Hello, everyone else has been super nice with responses but perhaps you don't see how you came across as rude, insensitive amongst other things. Yes, I'm stressed because I'm sure you can relate to the process. I don't think people are here to get 'reality checks' but more information on how it works.

Your response would have been great , if you erased "deep breath" and "panic".

And about your apology you and I both know that it's your way of patronizing. It's not sincere because you could have said it through private message and not post it here, to make it seem as if it is sincere.

Just a reminder, this visa forum to is help people with questions and support one another as we are all going through or have gone through the process.

Your tone reminded me of posts on Cubaamor. Gracias

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
pastrj said:
Hello, everyone else has been super nice with responses but perhaps you don't see how you came across as rude, insensitive amongst other things. Yes, I'm stressed because I'm sure you can relate to the process. I don't think people are here to get 'reality checks' but more information on how it works.

Your response would have been great , if you erased "deep breath" and "panic".

And about your apology you and I both know that it's your way of patronizing. It's not sincere because you could have said it through private message and not post it here, to make it seem as if it is sincere.

Just a reminder, this visa forum to is help people with questions and support one another as we are all going through or have gone through the process.

Your tone reminded me of posts on Cubaamor. Gracias
My sponsor approval took about 4 months at a time where everyone else was getting theirs in about a month. I think the website said 40 days at the time. plus it was around Xmas. It was FRUSTERATING to say the least because it was suppose to be the fast/easy part and I couldnt get any info from cic as to why. I actually thought at one point they lost my file or something and just didn't want to admit it... I still don't know to this day why it took so long. But that goes to show how our minds can go to paranoid places when our relationships are in the hands of the government. It's totally normal to be freaking out but try not to. After a nearly 4 month wait for SA we only waited another 2 months to get the visa after it was transferred to havana which made up for it :)

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Thank you new girl !!

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Good day everyone......by the grace of God we received an email this morning that my husband has gotten his Visa. Has to report to the embassy next Wednesday for pick up. Our application has been in Havana since August 20 and we just now got the interview waived. Just goes to show you that no 2 applications are alike.

Thank you to all those prior for you help and good luck to all those waiting!!!!

Sooooooo haaappppyyyy!!!!!!! :)

The Realist

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-08-2015
HI Everyone,

Appendix A IMM 3909e states: "If you are a Cuban national, you must send originals of all documents, unless otherwise instructed. If your documents are not in English of French, send a notarized [certified] translation with a copy of the originals".
So, my Wife [the Applicant] will send our original marriage Certificate and her Birth Certificate, as well as the certified translations of each. That much is clear and obvious. Then CIC goes on to state: [send these documents] "....with a copy of the originals" ??? So, does CIC want a copies of the originals....even when they have the original?? Makes sense...if they are going to return the original marriage certificate/Birth certificate but i just wanted to check. For also, do these copies now have to be certified "True Copy" as well?

Thanks.